Well, in the past couple days I picked up a tech marine (my conversion attempts were... unimpressive, but then a flgs actually had hqs besides the generic sm captain and our terminator librarian, so I figured why not), a set of the BA assault terminators (meaning if I sub my cataphractii for tacticals I can field the OIF) and my first Baal pred. Baal pred I'm waiting to assemble since building vehicles seems to be great stress relief and it's only a matter of time before I'll need that. I'm pumped to see this hit the table though, if I can proxy razorbacks as preds I could field a Lost Brotherhood now with Lucifer and OIF support. Now if only I had time for a game...

Also got my Mephiston mostly finished, just need to highlight a little more and touch up some mistakes. I tried having his eyes glow with his face lit up from it, and I don't think I like it, but I'll post pics sometime soon. I might have just gotten too impatient since it was the last thing I painted on him.

Well, in the past couple days I picked up a tech marine (my conversion attempts were... unimpressive, but then a flgs actually had hqs besides the generic sm captain and our terminator librarian, so I figured why not), a set of the BA assault terminators (meaning if I sub my cataphractii for tacticals I can field the OIF)

I built up my cataphractii as lightning claws, and with the Space Hulk termies I have enough to field the OIF which is Great. Thunderhammer termies would be nicer, but lightning claws are so cool, so it's ok.

Been painting up Stormraven weapons. Still at a loss on how to sort the doors/HBs:

• Magnetising to the frame involves a tin sheet to fix them on to. I could do half a sheet which doesn't obstruct the view inside (paint it up as an internal door) but I may struggle to affix it
  • Pinning will involve somehow fitting the wire into the tiny frame lip which is the same width as the paperclip :dry.:
  • A third option is to have a sprue running through the centre of the bird and the doors/guns attached to that. Fiddly.

Here is what I did Jolemai:

sml_gallery_27469_12034_128530.jpg

Cut out the shape (close enough) to match the chamfered door shape on the inside. I never did glue bits onto the metal to make it look better, one day I'll try and do that. Even so it looks better than a hole as it is now.

sml_gallery_27469_12034_90582.jpg

Magnets on door/Hurricane Sponson to attach.

I'm starting a new 40k Blood Angels force and I have a question...

Does anybody use a generic Captain?  I built one out of random parts and I think he's the first model I've built in my 25 years in the hobby that I actually 100% like... :ohmy.:

Does anybody use a generic Captain?  I built one out of random parts and I think he's the first model I've built in my 25 years in the hobby that I actually 100% like... :ohmy.:

Following the release of the Angel's Blade book, they are likely to become more popular. Just keep in mind he's a beatstick and whilst this may not be as popular as a force multiplier (i.e the majority of our other non-named HQs), there is always a place for this.

As others have said, until now there wasn't ANY reason to waste an HQ slot on a Captain but suddenly things have changed. I'm frankly excited to model the old "epic Armageddon" Captain Aphael (2nd Co) and use him in games.

Cheers. I'm just concerned about having painted the inside and with only the front opening and back door unglued, I'm not getting enough light in to the insight when someone wants to look in. :rolleyes:

Yeah it does get a bit dark, but angled towards daylight you can still see in. For what you want I'd suggest a strip of metal/sprue instead of the full plate I did. Glue a line of Bolters to it and make it into a weapon rack. Should look good and still let in light from the sponson/door sides when people look in :)

As to the topic of a Captain I would say they are always useful as a supplement for an Assault Squad or such. Gives the squad they run with extra hitting power and can take Challenges, saving your Sgt if he has a PF for example. My humble Captain with Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack and Power Axe (modelled before the variants of power weapons appeared) has been rocking since 4th Edition. Can't go wrong with a Jump Pack and a power weapon with Blood Angels!

I've decided on the Venerable Dreadnought as my next dread. I like that it can be either a Furioso or regular standard one, plus it comes with lots of options and bits.

Jolemai; you'll get everything figured out!

KJB; I really love the Captain with Relic Blade. The new Death Company Chaplain is another great option as well. Hope that helps some!

I have quite a few.. One is a kitbash tycho with magnetized Combi-Melta that can be replaced with a Valor's Edge/Power Sword on demand, one is an AOBR model I painted for fun, and one is a Terminator Captain that I love to bits.  I hope to do a captain on bike with Thunder Hammer at some point.

I have a Captain Aphael that's almost finished, just needs a base and his right shoulder pad to arrive:

med_gallery_14877_7794_306261.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_319076.jpg

med_gallery_14877_7794_336469.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_256042.jpg

For reference, the hair style (and the model, although I did take some artistic license with stuff like the iron halo, sword style, pistol and right shoulder pad) is based on the art from Angels Blade, here is a close up of his face:

med_gallery_14877_7794_2223.jpg

I also have a Tycho:

med_gallery_14877_7794_10253.jpg

and what is technically a Praetor for 30k:

med_gallery_14877_7794_142938.jpg

And Karlean, but i've decided im going to replace him with a custom one.

Edited by Blindhamster

I have a Captain Aphael that's almost finished, just needs a base and his right shoulder pad to arrive:

med_gallery_14877_7794_306261.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_319076.jpg

med_gallery_14877_7794_336469.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_256042.jpg

For reference, the hair style (and the model, although I did take some artistic license with stuff like the iron halo, sword style, pistol and right shoulder pad) is based on the art from Angels Blade, here is a close up of his face:

med_gallery_14877_7794_2223.jpg

I also have a Tycho:

med_gallery_14877_7794_10253.jpg

and what is technically a Praetor for 30k:

med_gallery_14877_7794_142938.jpg

And Karlean, but i've decided im going to replace him with a custom one.

Holy crud those models are incredible! ...where is that plasma-pistol from dude? ...and the last guy, your praetor or karlaen, where are his legs from or is that custom sculpting on the shins?

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

The old Captain Aphael also had one bionic eye, weird that they changed that.

I suspect that changed to make him less similar to tycho

Edit.

The plasma pistol is a DA one with a deathwatch bolter targeter.

The leg on the praetor is sculpted detail:₩

Edited by Blindhamster

Awesome work on Aphael Blindhamster! I'll be doing one at some point as I'm doing 2nd Company...

I've decided on the Venerable Dreadnought as my next dread. I like that it can be either a Furioso or regular standard one, plus it comes with lots of options and bits.

KJB; I really love the Captain with Relic Blade. The new Death Company Chaplain is another great option as well. Hope that helps some!

DBH, just note that the Ven Dread and BA Dread arms have slightly different sized holes. Not a big deal but you'll have to do some trimming if you want to swap them around.

Awesome work on Aphael Blindhamster! I'll be doing one at some point as I'm doing 2nd Company...

DBH, just note that the Ven Dread and BA Dread arms have slightly different sized holes. Not a big deal but you'll have to do some trimming if you want to swap them around.

Good point and I don't think the Venerable has 2 CCW arms either... can anyone confirm that?

Good point and I don't think the Venerable has 2 CCW arms either... can anyone confirm that?

He doesn't.

-A guy who made two Librarians and a Furioso from two Ven Dread and 1 BA Kit.