Staring down the barrel of a 5 day weekend and looking forward to putting more paint on plastic.

In the queue for completion we have 2 dreadnoughts, 2 Baal Preds, LR Redeemer & 3 Storm Ravens. All thanks to the inspiration from Angel's Blade. For all the negativity about the power of the book and lackluster demi/battle companies I find myself very inspired to paint. Long may it last.

Staring down the barrel of a 5 day weekend and looking forward to putting more paint on plastic.

In the queue for completion we have 2 dreadnoughts, 2 Baal Preds, LR Redeemer & 3 Storm Ravens. All thanks to the inspiration from Angel's Blade. For all the negativity about the power of the book and lackluster demi/battle companies I find myself very inspired to paint. Long may it last.

Same here... I am currently building a 3rd Baal pred, a LR (crusader probably) and finishing my Storm Raven... also building more Death Company and another DC dread!

Started on Corbulo, slight Conversion, replaced his Head with a similar, but Much more expressive Head from Forgeworld. Never used him, but with the new Angel's Blade Formations and all the disorganized charges, he will see a lot of action with his Bubble of +Int +1 WS and his Re Roll a Single Dice ability.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1_zps4umb4eg9.jpg?t=1475111468http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2_zpsrgcrvbs8.jpg?t=1475111539

Edited by The4thHorseman

Holy crap, thanks for the correction - now I've got to paint Corbulo too.

Yea I know FnP is by Unit. I was gonna Pod Corbulo with Karlean and a 5-man Gav Dev Squad and a Becon. Then bring in all the Termis on top of him then charge with the Corbulo Bonus thus mostly negating the Disorganized Charge.

Corbulo is actually such a legit special character. He's expensive, but he has a really nice kit and is hardly a slouch in combat either with his S6 Rending Chainsword at I6 (or something)...

And I am LOVING those DC Chaps, Gunzhard! Especially the lowered weapon one.

Corbulo is actually such a legit special character. He's expensive, but he has a really nice kit and is hardly a slouch in combat either with his S6 Rending Chainsword at I6 (or something)...

And I am LOVING those DC Chaps, Gunzhard! Especially the lowered weapon one.

True story: my Corbulo once took down Be'lakor in one round of combat...

Started on Corbulo, slight Conversion, replaced his Head with a similar, but Much more expressive Head from Forgeworld. Never used him, but with the new Angel's Blade Formations and all the disorganized charges, he will see a lot of action with his Bubble of +Int +1 WS and his Re Roll a Single Dice ability.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1_zps4umb4eg9.jpg?t=1475111468http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2_zpsrgcrvbs8.jpg?t=1475111539

Is that the finecast model?  I feel dirty for saying this but it seems to have a lot sharper detail than the metal ones I've seen.  It almost looks as crisp as forgeworld resin.  Might even be a recaster that outdid GW?

I worked it out once. Best case scenario, (On the charge, not-disordered charge, BSF, Corbulo as Warlord) you're looking at 5 WS6 S6 Rending attacks at I7.

I'm trying to settle on a scheme for my furiosos and have a question...

Are furiosos more like veterans that have been disable or dead or however it works with getting put into a dread or are they more like Capts/HQs?

I'm not sure if I should use white and red (vet colors) or gold and black (Capt colors).

I'm trying to settle on a scheme for my furiosos and have a question...

Are furiosos more like veterans that have been disable or dead or however it works with getting put into a dread or are they more like Capts/HQs?

I'm not sure if I should use white and red (vet colors) or gold and black (Capt colors).

They are our version of Venerable Dreadnaughts, if that does anything for you.

He would just be a dreadnaught. At least at first. If he distinguished himself he would become a Venerable (Furioso in our case).

Venerable dreadnaughts are the oldest and most revered dreadnaughts.

Think about it like this: heroes are put into dreadnaughts and are the "tactical marines" of dreads. Furiosos are the "Veterans" of dreads.

You already have to be a hero just to get the honor of becoming a dread.

Edited by Arkangilos

I think I'll just go with white and red for furiosos, and when I finally get the leviathan I'll make him black and gold and maybe even make him my chapter master...

I like where your heads at Charlo!

Edit: didn't see your post ark. That makes sense. So they'd all most likely start as normal dreads... Now I'm thinking black and gold for furiosos...

Edited by Brother Lemartes

I'd think of a Veteran or Chaplain sort of level dude.

Hence the WS5.

Yeah probably both Furioso.

I actually have to disagree with this. Those are already the only level of people that would be interred in the first place, and their BS and WS are going to suffer at first (which would explain the drop). Eventually they earn their way into the ranks of Furiosos (which is why they are known as Chapter Ancients).

@Brother Lemartes

Yeah, probably. But I mean you are your own chapter, you could change the tradition.

Edited by Arkangilos

I'm really considering making my Leviathan Gold, for what it's worth.

I'd think of a Veteran or Chaplain sort of level dude.

Hence the WS5.

Yeah probably both Furioso.

I actually have to disagree with this. Those are already the only level of people that would be interred in the first place, and their BS and WS are going to suffer at first (which would explain the drop). Eventually they earn their way into the ranks of Furiosos (which is why they are known as Chapter Ancients).

Seems legit!

I'd almost say there would be minimal getting used to, it's all interfaced like power armour and the black carapace. Probably minimal to no training required. That said some dread chassis do take a heavy psychological toll.

There is an IH's Leviathan in book 6 who was a total siege master strategist, but in his internment he went a bit insane and just wanted to charge walls down.