I'm really considering making my Leviathan Gold, for what it's worth.

I'd think of a Veteran or Chaplain sort of level dude.

Hence the WS5.

Yeah probably both Furioso.

I actually have to disagree with this. Those are already the only level of people that would be interred in the first place, and their BS and WS are going to suffer at first (which would explain the drop). Eventually they earn their way into the ranks of Furiosos (which is why they are known as Chapter Ancients).
Seems legit!

I'd almost say there would be minimal getting used to, it's all interfaced like power armour and the black carapace. Probably minimal to no training required. That said some dread chassis do take a heavy psychological toll.

There is an IH's Leviathan in book 6 who was a total siege master strategist, but in his internment he went a bit insane and just wanted to charge walls down.

Definitely. And I know it's all interfaced, but the entirety of the body is set up different. I feel like a contemptor would be easier to adjust to because it is closer to the proportions and set up of our own body than the boxy one.

And like I said before, realistically (in universe), who gets out in what is arbitrary based on tradition. The furiosos are traditionally the Venerable (stat increase), and the BA basically just go, "well, he's a veteran dread, let's just slap another cc arm on him"

Your chapter could theoretically do that in the first place, since it's arbitrary, and you can explain the stat increase as they just train them better before they send them into combat, lol.

Edited by Arkangilos

Thanks Ark! Looks great!

I'm going to mix some more black in for mine probably.

Do they have assault cannons due to the 30k BA rule or is that a normal option for them? Id love to give them the assault cannons for 40k

It's a IX Legion 30k thing. We/they can upgrade any heavy flamer option to an assault cannon as we're the ones testing them. 

Corbulo is actually such a legit special character. He's expensive, but he has a really nice kit and is hardly a slouch in combat either with his S6 Rending Chainsword at I6 (or something)...

I worked it out once. Best case scenario, (On the charge, not-disordered charge, BSF, Corbulo as Warlord) you're looking at 5 WS6 S6 Rending attacks at I7.

Wait. Shouldn't it be I8? 5 base, 1 for warlord trait, 1 for Red Thirst, 1 for Grail?