Corbulo is actually such a legit special character. He's expensive, but he has a really nice kit and is hardly a slouch in combat either with his S6 Rending Chainsword at I6 (or something)...

I worked it out once. Best case scenario, (On the charge, not-disordered charge, BSF, Corbulo as Warlord) you're looking at 5 WS6 S6 Rending attacks at I7.

Wait. Shouldn't it be I8? 5 base, 1 for warlord trait, 1 for Red Thirst, 1 for Grail?
You're right there. I think I must have been counting up from I4 by mistake.

Started on Corbulo, slight Conversion, replaced his Head with a similar, but Much more expressive Head from Forgeworld. Never used him, but with the new Angel's Blade Formations and all the disorganized charges, he will see a lot of action with his Bubble of +Int +1 WS and his Re Roll a Single Dice ability.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1_zps4umb4eg9.jpg?t=1475111468http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2_zpsrgcrvbs8.jpg?t=1475111539

Is that the finecast model?  I feel dirty for saying this but it seems to have a lot sharper detail than the metal ones I've seen.  It almost looks as crisp as forgeworld resin.  Might even be a recaster that outdid GW?

Nope. Its GW "NEW" Finecast. All I did was cut off the old Corbulo Head and Replace it with a FW One, I think its from an Imperial Fist Kit, anway it closest to Corbulo without looking like clay.

So great news, instead of buying a new Venerable Dread, I picked up the Deathwatch one alongside Artemis (that model is wicked!) for 2 full squads of chosen from the DV set. Super stoked my friend did a straight up trade with me for it as it has given me extra hobby money goodness to pick up other things!

Staring down the barrel of a 5 day weekend and looking forward to putting more paint on plastic.

In the queue for completion we have 2 dreadnoughts, 2 Baal Preds, LR Redeemer & 3 Storm Ravens. All thanks to the inspiration from Angel's Blade. For all the negativity about the power of the book and lackluster demi/battle companies I find myself very inspired to paint. Long may it last.

Same here... I am currently building a 3rd Baal pred, a LR (crusader probably) and finishing my Storm Raven... also building more Death Company and another DC dread!

The new Red Thirst ed Codex and formations have inspired me to buy a third Predator (for the Lucifer Armoured Task Force), finish painting my second Storm Raven and some Terminators. Also want a second Sanguinary Guard squad

I used the death company from Deathstorm to build Raphen's squad. Sonmeone please stop me if I try to put 5 Marines together only using parts from a kit as detailed and covered in ornamentation the death company kit again. It took 2 hours to do 2 Marines worth of details in one color. I'm always mixing this kit with bland assault or tactical squads from now on.

I used the death company from Deathstorm to build Raphen's squad. Sonmeone please stop me if I try to put 5 Marines together only using parts from a kit as detailed and covered in ornamentation the death company kit again. It took 2 hours to do 2 Marines worth of details in one color. I'm always mixing this kit with bland assault or tactical squads from now on.

Oh lord yes. The DC are SO blinged up it hurts.

I just painted 99% of stuff on the sprue then assembled, made it a lot easier.

I think I'll just go with white and red for furiosos, and when I finally get the leviathan I'll make him black and gold and maybe even make him my chapter master...

I like where your heads at Charlo!

Edit: didn't see your post ark. That makes sense. So they'd all most likely start as normal dreads... Now I'm thinking black and gold for furiosos...

You're gonna love the Leviathan, I've ran one 7 times with a Lucius pattern pod and so far he's only taken a glance, if anything. Nasty alpha strike too, whether its hoard or vehicles.

He's going to be a Sanguinary Priest for me !

My spare one is just a Assault marine squad leader with too much bling for the average corporal. (not spare one is for playing the actual Overkill game).

Sunday I finished my battle company.

Yesterday I bought some Yriel Yellow so I could actually finish them the way I intended, so I'm more on the "endless touch ups" phase.

He's my least favorite of the Kill Team Cassius. He has terrible midget legs, worse even than the Assault Squad ones.  I'll definitely call him Brother Tyrion.

EDIT: Oh got I just looked at it again.  He has absolutely no upper legs whatsoever.  Knees right on the hips.  Whoever sculpted this needs to be fired.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/deathwatch-overkill-antor-delassio.jpg

Edited by appiah5

He's my least favorite of the Kill Team Cassius. He has terrible midget legs, worse even than the Assault Squad ones.  I'll definitely call him Brother Tyrion.

EDIT: Oh got I just looked at it again.  He has absolutely no upper legs whatsoever.  Knees right on the hips.  Whoever sculpted this needs to be fired.

That's just the angle and the pose. The actual figure has longer thighs than most space marines.

That's just the angle and the pose. The actual figure has longer thighs than most space marines.

I have the actual model and no, he doesn't.  It's about as long as assault marines, maybe even shorter.