Had a spare Frag Cannon lying about.. painted it up and now one of my two dreadnoughts is a Furioso.

That means I'm just one tactical squad short of fielding a demi company. And I happen to have one primed..

In other news, I have no idea why the hell I even want to field a demi company..

Because it is the iconic image of space marines... and blood angels are still space marines :smile.:

3 units of tacticals, cassor, another dread, an assault and devastator squad (along with 2HQ) fit into a CAD and BSF equally well, and net you Ob sec on your tacs and red thirst on cassor and your assault marines.

Its pretty much my plan though Ill replace cassor with scouts and take a regular Furioso instead..

Forgive me if this has been very obvious all along. But has anyone thought of pairing Karlean with the OIF? Obviously he is the HQ from another detachment, but stick him in the tactical terminator squad (if yours aren't all assault) and he makes a great pairing. Sure he won't shoot twice, but seriously who cares.

So many ideas for this upcoming Red Thirst campaign.

Wish I had a third Stormraven actually, because at 2500pts I might be able to legitimately run Dante's Avenging Host.

The other option is the Aegis line with comms relay. If you also field the 10th co formation your snipers with cloaks can sit behind the line with a 2+ cover.

The scout bikes with locator beacons from that formation also have good synergy with OIF. If in Lost Bro gladius you get an extra move too.

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

Well I took it with an aegis/comms versus the new chaos decurion. Deep striking assaulting terminators are utterly brutal. I used locator beacons on a pod and scouts.

That recon force is an unsung hero. Our scouts can be scary and they synergise really well with all of our deep strikers.

Edited by Rafen IX

I like it down, but that's me - always liked that sort of pose.

Well I took it with an aegis/comms versus the new chaos decurion. Deep striking assaulting terminators are utterly brutal. I used locator beacons on a pod and scouts.
That recon force is an unsung hero. Our scouts can be scary and they synergise really well with all of our deep strikers.

Yeah all good points. The OIF is big, nasty and expensive but you can utterly crush a flank or shut down the shooting of 3+ units with it. Not much can touch terminators in close combat - especially THSS ones. Ultimate Rip-Tide removal system.

It's actually made me really glad I splurged on Terminators over the past year.

Like I posted on the previous page - you can take 3 Tactical terms, the Triple Raven formation and double tap then assault from Deep Strike - absolutely monstrous.

Edited by Charlo

Like I posted on the previous page - you can take 3 Tactical terms, the Triple Raven formation and double tap then assault from Deep Strike - absolutely monstrous.

I gotta admit that idea kinda feels like shenanigans to me. Rules wise it's somewhat questionable no? ...though I guess there is nothing technically preventing it from happening; and then so they assault without a 'disordered charge' too?

If GW was more responsive regarding rules questions and more responsible with rules interactions to begin with, I could see this definitely being shut-down - if only because they've recently put a lot of effort into this 'ok assault out of DS but it is disordered' concept.

Like I posted on the previous page - you can take 3 Tactical terms, the Triple Raven formation and double tap then assault from Deep Strike - absolutely monstrous.

I gotta admit that idea kinda feels like shenanigans to me. Rules wise it's somewhat questionable no? ...though I guess there is nothing technically preventing it from happening; and then so they assault without a 'disordered charge' too?

If GW was more responsive regarding rules questions and more responsible with rules interactions to begin with, I could see this definitely being shut-down - if only because they've recently put a lot of effort into this 'ok assault out of DS but it is disordered' concept.

Time to buy 3 SRs..

Seems legal to me. Trouble is 1) you need to be able to pull if off (see draft FAQ) and 2) you need to roll that 3+ for the Angel's Fury on the first turn. Otherwise...

As for avoiding a disordered charge, in this scenario you'd want to perform a multicharge (and thus a disordered charge) because after double tapping there might not be much left (read as: shot to bits next turn). 

Edited by Jolemai

Death Company power fist man number 3 is my current name for him...

I'm leaning towards magnetizing it so I can have my cake and wave at people too..,

I like the idea of him seeing Horus and giving him a nice wave before blowing his head off with the bolter...

Edited by Brother Lemartes

I guess my thought process is most of your other marines are more serious and intimidating, the wave would be a stark contrast to the whole of your army and feels so out of place in my opinion.

That being said, that's just my view on things. Let him slap Horus one good time with the powerfist before being torn asunder.

I guess my thought process is most of your other marines are more serious and intimidating, the wave would be a stark contrast to the whole of your army and feels so out of place in my opinion.

That being said, that's just my view on things. Let him slap Horus one good time with the powerfist before being torn asunder.

I really appreciate the deep and very well thought out answer! Like really, thank you man.

I appreciate everyone else's vote as well and thank you all!

I will return with hopefully a painted pic tonight!