When i saw the gw mats was 4x4 i kinda instantly lost interest. Seem silly imo. But gw usually make some quality stuff so if they make it a decent size i may be all over it. Though i allready have a frontline mat.

Following a lot of research (read as: watching Youtube videos) into what I want to do Stormraven and other projects-wise, I've purchased some 2 x 1 mm, 10 x 1.5 mm, and 1 x 1 mm N52 grade Neodymium magnets from Guy's Magnets (whom I do recommend).

Hopefully this will kick start my RTS vow...

Arrived this morning. Fabulous service and free first class postage.

Following a lot of research (read as: watching Youtube videos) into what I want to do Stormraven and other projects-wise, I've purchased some 2 x 1 mm, 10 x 1.5 mm, and 1 x 1 mm N52 grade Neodymium magnets from Guy's Magnets (whom I do recommend).

Link? Last magnets I ordered took ages to arrive!

I'll do more research later, but want to get some guidance from my BA pals...

How hard is it to assemble a Land Raider? Could I reasonably do it in one night? Should I not assemble it fully to undercoat it's parts seperately? Should I assemble it fully and undercoat it after? How hard it is to magnetize all the options so I can make all three? (I have the DW one)

They aren't hard. A lot like a rhino, but bigger. I did 90% of mine in one evening, and could have finished it if I had know what weapon load out to go for. Painting it isn't tough except for behind the sponson weapons, that's the only thing I think would really benefit from painting before assembling (but then again I glued mine shut so if you want to paint the inside, I'm not the one to talk to).

I'll do more research later, but want to get some guidance from my BA pals...

How hard is it to assemble a Land Raider? Could I reasonably do it in one night? Should I not assemble it fully to undercoat it's parts seperately? Should I assemble it fully and undercoat it after? How hard it is to magnetize all the options so I can make all three? (I have the DW one)

Don't be like me and prime the whole thing Fire Dragon Red with the tracks and side mounted turrets attached. :down:

I did my Land Raider in bits - so I didn't glue it all together. I assembled parts that I could but left it in enough pieces so I could paint all the insides. Naturally the sponsons and weapons were left off and I did the tracks separately as I undercoated them black the rest red. It really depends on how much you want to do of the inside (if at all) as if you're not bothered then feel free to glue most of it together. I'd say always leave the sponsons and MM off though, glue them on when you're done with the hull - or not if you've magnetised them!

Oh and I can't say as to if you can do it in an evening as I magnetised mine and had two sets of sponsons so it took longer than a standard build but if you have everything ready I don't see why you can't do it in a few hours. Good luck! :)

Link? Last magnets I ordered took ages to arrive!

http://www.guysmagnets.com/

I can also recommend supermagnete.de   

Exellent magnets, service and shipping. Although it will probably make more sence for you lads in the uk to use  guysmagnets.com

Edited by Jønke

Not hugely BA related but the next Heresy box revealed.

Plastic MkIII confrimed.

Mine will look a bit like this:

(Though that is MkII....)

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BloodAngel_Mk_III.jpg

Edited by Charlo