Taking the Lost Brotherhood out for a spin today against Codex Marines in a 2000 point game, hope it goes well!. List as follows:

Lost Brotherhood Detachment
=Core=
-DC Chaplain

-DC Dread/Heavy Flamer/Meltagun/Blood Talons/Drop Pod
-5 man DC squad/Jump Packs/Power Fist

-5 man DC squad/Jump Packs/Power Fist

-5 man DC squad/Jump Packs/Power Sword

=Command=
-DC Chaplain

=Auxilary=
-5 man Assault Squad/2 Meltaguns/2 Infernus Pistols/Drop Pod

=Allied Detachment=
-PA Librarian/ML 1/Force Sword
-5 man Tactical Squad/Heavy Flamer/Combi Flamer/Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon
-Furioso Dread/Heavy Flamer/Frag Cannon/Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon
-Drop Pod

=Golden Host=
-Dante
-5 man Sanguinary Guard Squad/4 Glaives/Power Fist/Chapter Banner
-5 man Sanguinary Guard Squad/4 Glaives/Power Fist

Hoping to do the one two punch with drop pod units landing and DC running up the board on T1 and the Golden Host swooping down on T2. Game will most likely end up being Maelstrom of some sorts.

Edit: What is spelling.

Edited by Slothysaur

Looking forward to some more Dante fluff, the guy is possibly the most badass character the imperium has going right now.

Has anyone fought the new genestealer cult? I'm facing them tomorrow at 1500. It's the swift redeployment that I feel will be our biggest struggle with them.

Didn't they already do a Dante novel?

It was a Dante short story by Swallow.

Is this the one we are talking about?

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/40k-cod-sup/Dante.html

Also, how is Guy Haley's writing? Does he do a good job?

I've enjoyed his previous work, and expect good things.

Massively excited by the BoP box. No love, I'm afraid, for the sisters or gold fellas but the rest of the box is worth the entrance fee. Time to order up some mk iii pads!

Looking forward to some more Dante fluff, the guy is possibly the most badass character the imperium has going right now.

Has anyone fought the new genestealer cult? I'm facing them tomorrow at 1500. It's the swift redeployment that I feel will be our biggest struggle with them.

They die in droves to template weapons. They have some quirky ability that lets them leave the field, another that lets them bring back D6 units, that can infiltrate and charge the next turn. They also have loads of S4 rending attacks. I would recommend Heavy Flamers and Fragriosos. Splash in some Assault Cannons etc as needed. Good luck, and hope this helps.

That really sucks... I feel like the DC dread needs that more against vehicles, but oh well.

They need more than 8 Strength 10 AP2 attacks on the charge against a vehicle?! 4 to glance Raiders 5+ pens, on average you're auto glancing and penning on anything not AV 12 or higher.

no they don't need it but it would be nice for the ten points, i roll lots of ones... sorry to mention it :sad.:

edit: i wasn't trying to say the DC dread is bad or can't kill things easily already, i was just thinking i could more easily kill an IK with it, but now i'll miss half the attacks and roll two 1s to pen

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Lol, I just failed to pen a necron vehicle thing and couldn't get its av13 shield down for my other guys to hurt it, so that's why I brought it up. I rolled a 3 and two 2s and thought I could reroll. It shouldn't be/isn't an issue, I just wasn't rolling well. Edited by Brother Lemartes

Lol, I just failed to pen a necron vehicle thing and couldn't get its av13 shield down for my other guys to hurt it, so that's why I brought it up. I rolled a 3 and two 2s and thought I could reroll. It shouldn't be/isn't an issue, I just wasn't rolling well.

A lot of things that give re-rolls to wound do also give them to penetrate - I would have made the same assumption! Maybe Talons are supposed to be an infantry-focussed weapon?! I normally forget Shred anyway so moot point for me ha!

Took my full battle company to armies on parade yesterday, didn't place.

Played a quick 1500 point game against Night Lords. Took a Demi-company with 4 dreadnoughts.

Both furioso died against a unit of 10 Terminators, only knocking them down to 4 (2 kills were from my fragioso exploding to chain fists). While my twin autocannon dread managed to kill a rhino for first blood, a vindicator and break a 20 strong chaos space marine unit while my assault cannon dread bailed out my captain by killing a helbrute in melee.

This is the second time I've taken a ton of dreadnoughts and had the regular ones out perform the furiosos. Last time was against eldar where a heavy flamer/plasma cannon dread took out a unit of dire avengers and was therefore the most effective thing in the army. But that was really only because it was stuck in a corner and less of a target. I probably just really suck at deploying the things correctly.

My captain managed to miss all his attacks in a challenge with a chaos lord and then got instant deathed by two chainfists.

My assault marines failed 3 break tests in combat with a unit of havocs led by a champion with a lightning claw.

Then we had to stop with the points around a draw.

no they don't need it but it would be nice for the ten points, i roll lots of ones... sorry to mention it :sad.:

edit: i wasn't trying to say the DC dread is bad or can't kill things easily already, i was just thinking i could more easily kill an IK with it, but now i'll miss half the attacks and roll two 1s to pen

2 things to fix the problem. 1. Paint the model 2. If the model is painted buy new dice.

no they don't need it but it would be nice for the ten points, i roll lots of ones... sorry to mention it :sad.:

2 things to fix the problem. 1. Paint the model 2. If the model is painted buy new dice.

I can only buy new dice so many times... It hasnt worked... I mean I could buy more but three sets is enough for me to realize it's just me haha

no they don't need it but it would be nice for the ten points, i roll lots of ones... sorry to mention it :sad.:

I can only buy new dice so many times... It hasnt worked... I mean I could buy more but three sets is enough for me to realize it's just me haha

I have 3 blocks of 36 small dice one block of 12 black dice with Red pips, the BA special edition dice, and then a crown royal bag full of random dice.

I've been looking at buying new dice actually, there is also a way to see if any of your dice are deformed and weighted or not. I know this is true with D20s never tried it with D6s though.

It involves salt water and flipping the dice in said water. You can do a quick search engine it to see what I'm talking about. Something else you can do is make a dice rolling box. That way it is much more reliable and the dice won't fall off the table. I've noticed great results from using one.

So played against genestealer cult today. His patriarch rolled the pick whichever cult ambush result you want....now this guy was in a unit of the new genestealers.

He multi assaulted three units and I rolled snake eyes for my lone assault marine. So all my flamers eagerly awaiting to torch said unit watched in horror as they could do nothing.

Just urgh