Assembled a Land Speeder Typhoon.  Will have it primed tomorrow.

EDIT: Priming and basecoating done.  I tried something new this time around, took a can of flat dark red and flat light red, first covered everything with a dark red, then did a zenithal sprey of light red.  It came out looking pretty gorgeous.  I'll black out what needs to be black, then shade the recesses with a flesh wash, then do a glaze of red wash, and share the results within the week.  Overall, I must say I'm pretty happy.

Edited by appiah5

New book on everyone's favourite "as strong as a Custodes and definitely not Dracula" chief Librarian!

Holy crap does he rock a dress.

New model please GW with this face.

tumblr_ofz3inGtj41ummjd5o6_1280.jpg

Most awesome picture I've seen of Mephiston lately. Thanks for sharing. Even makes that dress he is wearing look badass.

I played a game of Kill Team with my beloved Lamenters.  My sharpshooting missile launcher was able to slay my worthy opponent's Striking Scorpion in the very first shot of the game.  I had exceedingly poor dice rolls elsewhere, but such is the plight of my chapter.  They fought with great dignity and even had some survivors at the end.

They look amazing man! Great color scheme!

Thanks! I can only see flaws with them at the moment, but as I have this crazy push for perfection I will never attain. 

They look great Uveron! The green on the bases is a nice contrast to the purple on the armour.

Thanks! its very acidental, the bases are built to match my Iron Warriors so I can have a display table with both of them fighting on the same table and it to look very cohesive 

They look amazing man! Great color scheme!

Thanks! I can only see flaws with them at the moment, but as I have this crazy push for perfection I will never attain. 

I'm the same way, heh. I try to paint each model as perfectly as I can, and am never satisfied. But seriously, that squad looks great!

I'm about to tackle a lord executioner kitbash. Table top wise how would you all run him?

Also, chaplain Jareth is being promoted to Death Company Chaplain with the Cassius kit bash. Have started working on him some. Really excited about this model. I really think it's going to look keen all painted up!

That cream and antique gold look great together!

I really like this color scheme you came up with.  Nifty.

Wonderful scheme in the end Uveron!

Thanks! It was the  colors I used with my old vampire counts list. I was hunting for a Gothic feel without using black, still not sure if I achieved it.. but I like them non the less.

I'm the same way, heh. I try to paint each model as perfectly as I can, and am never satisfied. But seriously, that squad looks great!

Thanks, I probably will return to touch them up at some point, and apply some transfers. 

Started to paint up some more Death Company and some "DC" Chaplains... I have a question for you color-theory experts (I am terrible at this!)...

This Chaplain, his cape, what color? ...I think white/cream would be good but I have little interest in going from black-to-white at this point. Ideas?

Death Company Chaplain 1

Started to paint up some more Death Company and some "DC" Chaplains... I have a question for you color-theory experts (I am terrible at this!)...

This Chaplain, his cape, what color? ...I think white/cream would be good but I have little interest in going from black-to-white at this point. Ideas?

My recommendations would be:

- Green or a lighter purple (not quite lavender, but not violet, either) if you want a splash of color that's not red, since Blood Angels seem to love their green and/or purple accents

- Red if you want a splash of color that ties the model in with the rest of your Blood Angels (assuming standard red paint scheme); perhaps a little darker if you want some variation

- A mid-tone gray that will keep things nuetral, but would still complement the model

Edited by Brother Mikael

What is the supposed value of using warm water on a resin model? A GW employee told me to but I didn't ask why.

Whatever you do don't dip it in HOT water, it will warp.  Actually, don't even use warm water, just use cool water and dish washing soap.

What is the supposed value of using warm water on a resin model? A GW employee told me to but I didn't ask why.

Whatever you do don't dip it in HOT water, it will warp.  Actually, don't even use warm water, just use cool water and dish washing soap.

Unless he meant to correct an already warped part. Resin parts, no matter how warped, can be bent and re-set straight by immersing in hot (not boiling!) water for 30 seconds or so. The part will either become straight on its own or you can set it yourself then run it under cold water.