TLAC Razorback turret: £11.00 plus postage

Keep in mind that GW sells the sprue for the Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer separately for about that amount, and that has all the parts for a TLAC turret which fits the Razorback. And it also comes with a pintle mounted multi-melta (in case you want to add one to a lascannon Landraider) and an extra set of sponsons for easy magnetization between Redeemer and Crusader patterns.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Land-Raider-Crusader-Pack

Of course if you prefer the different look from 3rd party suppliers that's a different story. :smile.:

True and I've got that sprue too. Just always fancied one of these from FW - which I've now got at a cheaper price. Hurrah!

I think the Librarians were quite a bit worse, and the only chaplain that looked good was the Jump Pack one..  Decent kitbashes easily put all current and recent Chaplain kits to shame:

Currently, with the amount of tabarded bits, I agree.

I'm interested.

You find this model:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/11/20/156997_sm-Jump%20Lib,%20Jump%20Pack,%20Librarian,%20Space%20Marines.jpg

Worse than this one?

http://chaptermasters.com/Ultramarine%20Libraian.jpg

Had a game against Necrons today and won 17-9.

Sicaran took out a Doom Scythe with the Interceptor Legacy before it had a chance to do anything (though later got eaten by Scarabs!), Dante took out the Overlord and the Death Company took out a C'Tan, three Destroyers and a Monolith!

A good BA day today...

Today in the world of Blood Angels, I sat down and wrote some extra fluff for my DIY chapter, the Knights Revenant (which you can peruse for yourself here. Yes this is a plea for attention. No, I am not ashamed :tongue.: ).

I looked up from my monitor after a while and, through my square eyes, saw that several hours had passed. I decided to stand up for a bit, then decided that standing is overrated and sat down again. This time, though, I did this:

I proudly present the first assembled brothers of the Knights Revenant's 36th  Crusade!

I've never painted a model before - these are my first ever! I've recently decided to get into the actual modelling and gaming end of the hobby, as opposed to just staring in awe at fluff, so my painting skills are a bit naff, and I assembled the lot before learning about magnetising. So it's not the greatest stuff in the world. I just thought that it'd probably be worthy of mention. And apologies for the potato-camera. I can only get better! :smile.:

There's a Furioso Dread on the way as well - I just need to find the time!

Today in the world of Blood Angels, I sat down and wrote some extra fluff for my DIY chapter, the Knights Revenant (which you can peruse for yourself here. Yes this is a plea for attention. No, I am not ashamed :tongue.: ).

I looked up from my monitor after a while and, through my square eyes, saw that several hours had passed. I decided to stand up for a bit, then decided that standing is overrated and sat down again. This time, though, I did this:

I proudly present the first assembled brothers of the Knights Revenant's 36th Crusade!

I've never painted a model before - these are my first ever! I've recently decided to get into the actual modelling and gaming end of the hobby, as opposed to just staring in awe at fluff, so my painting skills are a bit naff, and I assembled the lot before learning about magnetising. So it's not the greatest stuff in the world. I just thought that it'd probably be worthy of mention. And apologies for the potato-camera. I can only get better! :smile.:

There's a Furioso Dread on the way as well - I just need to find the time!

Nice DC brother! I especially like the double chainsword guy.

EDC

I think the Librarians were quite a bit worse, and the only chaplain that looked good was the Jump Pack one.. Decent kitbashes easily put all current and recent Chaplain kits to shame:

Currently, with the amount of tabarded bits, I agree.

I'm interested.

You find this model:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/11/20/156997_sm-Jump%20Lib,%20Jump%20Pack,%20Librarian,%20Space%20Marines.jpg

Worse than this one?

http://chaptermasters.com/Ultramarine%20Libraian.jpg

Well.. yeah? I mean, you find this:

http://img13.deviantart.net/6e00/i/2011/045/8/2/space_marine_librarian_staff_by_greyknight45-d39l4da.jpg

worse than this one?..

gallery_60983_8363_135612.png

See what I did there?

In other news, I magnetized an AOBR Terminator Squad, so that it can now be given a chainfist and Flamer, to be used as Squad Alphaeus from Deathstorm. It's kind of low on the painting queue though, must finish bikes (half finished) and Predator (which is still on sprues..) first.

Edited by appiah5

Thanks. I'm really happy with the way the highlights turned out. It's lothern blue and hawk turquoise.

It's similar to how I do mine. I use Enchanted Blue (Caledor Sky?) and highlight with Hawk Turquoise, but I've never been completely happy with it. I think I need to find a suitable shade...

Thanks. I'm really happy with the way the highlights turned out. It's lothern blue and hawk turquoise.

It's similar to how I do mine. I use Enchanted Blue (Caledor Sky?) and highlight with Hawk Turquoise, but I've never been completely happy with it. I think I need to find a suitable shade...

Tried purple washes, or inks?

Nope. Only considered black so far but I'll admit I've not put a lot of thought into it. Do you use it for yours?

Nope. Only considered black so far but I'll admit I've not put a lot of thought into it. Do you use it for yours?

Not really do I cant vouch for it but if I were to paint another I would try giving a light blue basecoat a thinned purple wash for a rich warm librarian color.

The way I did mine was start with a medium blue, shade recesses with black, give a blue wash then layer with highlights. I posted a photo of the result a few posta back.