Pintle Multi-Meltas seem like they could be the best one shot ever (even though they're not one shot...). For that one time you drive to a LR and burst it open.

Obviously they're a Heresy thing though, where ceramite is aplenty.

Edited by Charlo

Pintle Multi-Meltas seem like they could be the best one shot ever (even though they're not one shot...). For that one time you drive to a LR and burst it open.

Land Raiders have them...

Land Raiders have them...

Well yeah, but I see them more as a main weapon for some reason on LR. But they are on pintles I suppose. Can you add them to any LR?

So my 4 men left in a tac squad yelled an almighty war cry and charged draigo stripping him of 2 wounds. They would be getting promotions but he proceeded to cut them into tiny pieces in the next round of combat. But two wounds everybody!!!!!

Double Like!

So my 4 men left in a tac squad yelled an almighty war cry and charged draigo stripping him of 2 wounds. They would be getting promotions but he proceeded to cut them into tiny pieces in the next round of combat. But two wounds everybody!!!!!

Double Like!

And THAT people, is why we aren't a bottom tier codex!

Yeah our Tacticals are great. I love my Flamer Squads in Drop Pods. 10 Marines with a total of 3 flamers for the bargain of 210 points. Combat Squad them and go for it. 3 Targets for our enemies and 2 of them pack quite some punch and can wreck havoc.

Double Like!

And THAT people, is why we aren't a bottom tier codex!

frankly put, 4 tacticals causing two wounds on a special character when they charge has nothing to do with what tier of codex we are... its pure dumb luck.

I find it amazing that the average BA Tactical Squad can really lay down a huge smackdown on pretty much any other MEQ unit when it gets the charge..  There is a case to be made for giving all BA Sergeants at least a power sword if the heavy weapon is a Heavy Flamer, imo (I go for the Fist for that sweet sweet S9, but still)..

Couldn't paint because the airbrush is packed away, so I did some assembly instead. This is my Command Squad with Company Champion, Sanguinary Novitiate and 3 Veterans with plasma guns and stormshields, to once join Mephiston in a drop pod and go nuts. :smile.:

http://i.imgur.com/eABFdCp.jpg

Not intending to paint these for a while, as I basically just made them now to know which BA bling I needed from the Death Company and Tactical Squad kits. This way the Veterans actually have some BA bling while the Tactical Marines look a little more plain.

Where did you get those shields RedemptionNL?

The shields and matching right arms are from the FW boarding upgrade kit. I was first considering using the stormshields from the Vanguard Veterans, but I thought these would look better with a gun. :) It takes a little bit of fidleing and filing to fit the bulkier plasma guns, but I think the end result works. :)