I started my Lamenters plog!! Check it out, if you're interested!!
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317860-for-those-we-cherish-we-die-in-glory-a-lamenters-wip/

End of Line

Edited by Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

My first Sicaran came in today. Without instructions. Time to do some Google searching I guess. Still excited to build and use it!

Give FW a call/email. Apparently they are happy to oblige this kind of thing...

My first Sicaran came in today. Without instructions. Time to do some Google searching I guess. Still excited to build and use it!

Give FW a call/email. Apparently they are happy to oblige this kind of thing...

Yeah it's happened to me before and they emailed me a PDF to print at home.

Finally managed to snap some pics of the Stormraven today – more in my WIP thread...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Blood-Angels-Stormraven-01.jpg

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Blood-Angels-Stormraven-02.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

Got myself a pot a Lahmian Medium today. What are people's experiences with it?

In addition to the normal reasons, I'm looking to use it to adjust to consistency of some of my older pot paints. Do you feel this would work? Yes I've also asked over in PCA but asking here can help too.

I love the stuff. Great for thinning and improving Shades, and a great matte varnish too. You could use it to thin paint too – I haven't tried that but I imagine it would have a different effect to just water...

P.S. Thanks Graz & Buki!

I've used the medium to thin down some old pots. It works well but I'm not sure it's better than water. Other than that I go about 50/50 with whatever paint I'm using and I really like it.

Can't you get the same effect but MUCH cheaper on Amazon? Like Liquidtex Professional Airbrush Effects Medium?

I don't know I've never tried it! Does it have the same properties? I love Lahmian Medium but it is VERY expensive per ml. If there is something out there that does the same thing for less please tell me!

Any airbrush thinner will, in modest amounts, help the flow of paint. I use it in just craft acrylic paints that get thick, as it doesn't seem to make the paint separate like water will over time.

In my own progress on the 7 tactical terminators and 5 lightning claw terminators, I've done the base coats and a crimson wash on everything except the white and green details. Then washing will start and highlights after that.

It takes me one 42 minute show on Hulu to get 3 guys done with a major color. If i want watching TV it's 10 minutes a model, so I'd rather add 4 minutes a model and be entertained while painting. Painting 12 at a time is killing me, slowly, but at least they have 5 colors on them now. They're starting to look like something. It's starting to look like progress.

Today I worked on two landspeeders that were given to me primed and assembled, kind of on my own for weapons. They are going to be the x2 heavy bolter variety using a razorback heavy bolter mounted in the nose and the gunner will be standing up in his seat wielding a B@C heavy bolter. There has been a lot of cutting involved. A slot in the nose for the heavy bolter to slide into and I cut the gunner legs/seat completely out to ensure there was enough room for a marine with a backpack to stand in there without looking like too much. On the matter of cutting I've recently started using a #2 xacto over the #1 and I'm liking it a lot! I also bought some cork for basing reasons. I've seen enough awesome stuff done with it I wanted to give it a try.

Finally managed to snap some pics of the Stormraven today – more in my WIP thread...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Blood-Angels-Stormraven-01.jpg

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Blood-Angels-Stormraven-02.jpg

Wow..

giphy.gif

I wish you actually painted a hud on the canopy though.  With those skills, I'm sure you could have pulled it off.

Today I worked on two landspeeders that were given to me primed and assembled, kind of on my own for weapons. They are going to be the x2 heavy bolter variety using a razorback heavy bolter mounted in the nose and the gunner will be standing up in his seat wielding a B@C heavy bolter. There has been a lot of cutting involved. A slot in the nose for the heavy bolter to slide into and I cut the gunner legs/seat completely out to ensure there was enough room for a marine with a backpack to stand in there without looking like too much. On the matter of cutting I've recently started using a #2 xacto over the #1 and I'm liking it a lot! I also bought some cork for basing reasons. I've seen enough awesome stuff done with it I wanted to give it a try.

Sounds brutal!

If you're looking for Land Speeder weapons, note that the Dark Angels Ravenwing sprue comes with the typhoon missile launcher and underslung assault cannons for the Land Speeder. It is included with the regular Ravingwing bikers, which are only a smidgen more expensive than the normal Space Marine biker kit.

If you're looking for Land Speeder weapons, note that the Dark Angels Ravenwing sprue comes with the typhoon missile launcher and underslung assault cannons for the Land Speeder. It is included with the regular Ravingwing bikers, which are only a smidgen more expensive than the normal Space Marine biker kit.

I don't know why I never realised this. It's all one sprue. That is some good info.

I even have one of them....

The swords are also very unique, all held aloft with some cool angles.

Edited by Charlo

Time well spent I'd say – looks like you've got the paint chipping down perfectly! The red looks quite orange compared to other pics I've seen of your Blood Angels – is that just the photo or an intentional change?

Edited by LutherMax

It's just the picture; the colour is the same. It's hard to get a colour-real picture sadly. here's a WIP picture next to my Sicaran with different lightning, before the chipping was added.

I had actually done the chipping on this before I commented on your Stormraven. As you can see in the top picture on the right fin, just above the black area I overdid it. And because the base colour is airbrushed, it's hard to fix any mistakes as painting on the same colour with a hairy stick looks very differently. But your tip for using the sponge as a sort of drybrush - making sure there's little paint on it - is one I'll try on the next vehicle.

Edited by RedemptionNL

I don't think it looks overdone, I think it looks very realistic!

Is the colour more like this?

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/RedenptionNL-DropPod-650.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

Nah, that's too vibrant a red. It does have a slight orange tint, it's just relatively dark. Which gives it this nice gritty, grimdark, and I feel more realistic feel, but makes it hard to photograph well.

Take the left fin, it is just Abaddon Black highlighted with sponged on Leadbelcher chips, yet it appears almost entirely white because the camera tries to light up the image. I guess I'll need to play with my camera settings a bit more.

This side picture of my Sicaran probably comes closest to how my red looks in real life, if still a little too bright:

http://i.imgur.com/sxpqWL0.jpg

Edited by RedemptionNL

Thanks for the tip on the ravenwing bitz! One was armed with a typhoon/assault cannon and the other with multimelta/heavy flamer. All good bitz and I'm glad to have the weapons lying around, just not quite what I wanted.