It's a really striking scheme. Must be a joy to paint too!

Maybe enter the brotherhood of Angels event that's going around to give them a name, symbol and back story ;)

There is definately some good intended imagery with them being soaked in blood from the top down, if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by Charlo

Yeah the Brotherhood event has gotten me thinking, for sure! I've also been going round about a chapter practice where one might give another a piece of their sacred mkIV power armor.

I like this idea, and probably happens.

One of my tactical sergeants has a Space Wolf power sword gifted to him when he was fighting on a campaign with the wolves.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! 

Like it? I love it.  I will use it for my allied SM detachment The Reborn who are actually a secret Lamenters successor founded by the Ordo Xenos.  I may substitute the red with yellow instead, just to differentiate from all the Red marines I already have.

Edited by appiah5

Like it? I love it.  I will use it for my allied SM detachment The Reborn who are actually a secret Lamenters successor founded by the Ordo Xenos.  I may substitute the red with yellow instead, just to differentiate from all the Red marines I already have.

I look forward to seeing that my friend. I hope you don't have to strip anything again...?

So you've magnetised the wing parts too?

EDC

Not individually. In my eyes, the Drop Pod can be separated into three parts - the centre column, the wings and engine, and the base. Each one *should* slot into place well enough without magnets and whilst I haven't built the columns yet (which I may magnetise for stability), the wings do fit that way.

I actually have one wing unglued as they fit in my transport case (and old PC power supply box) without it. If I don't get a proper case, I may well magnetise this and I will certainly magentise the guns (which are currently blu-tacced).

Well since we are role calling for the ETL.

this will probably be my vehicle centric ETL.

Stormraven

2 Baal Predators

2 Razorbacks

Using a buddies airbrush to get the red done, I should have time to paint the other stuff on then.

Other things that could be added:

Tactical combat squad

2 5 man scout squads

Vanguard veteran combat squad

Sternguard veterans

DC dread

Dreadnought

Further down the list

More DC marines

Captain Karlaen

10 terminators

So cousins, how would you prioritise these?

Five vehicles is quite the task, airbrush or no. Perhaps vow those and see how you get on? Of course, if you're doing a mass undercoating then there's no harm prepping stuff :wink:

Looking at your plog, perhaps you can add the Dreadnought to the above as it's all a similar scheme? Basically, the advice I give is to paint similar stuff together to save time, but also to paint stuff which will entertain you as that in itself will encourage you. For example, I've had my Space Hulk Terminators sat undercoated on my paint station for ages as motivation to get stuff done before the ETL and I can't wait to paint them.

Also, having painted 20 second edition Tactical Marines for the RTS, painting mass troops is hard. Maybe leave off the large numbers given you've got 5/6 vehicles planned already?

I look forward to seeing that my friend. I hope you don't have to strip anything again...?

As a matter of fact I have about 40 units currently primed gray. :D

As a matter of fact I have about 40 units currently primed gray. :biggrin.:

*cough* ETL V in May *cough*

Meanwhile, do I pull the trigger on a box of DC and two boxes of SG? Primarily for bits.

Hmmm.

If you're thinking of doing some models for 30k BA yes.

The bits are just THE BEST.

I've gotten so much use out of a single box of DC it's ridiculous. Even all the interestingly posed chainsword arms are great - as well as the fancy bolters for veterans :D

Not to mention the pretty shoulder pads.

Man, our kits are the best - probably closely followed by wolves.

Like it? I love it. I will use it for my allied SM detachment The Reborn who are actually a secret Lamenters successor founded by the Ordo Xenos. I may substitute the red with yellow instead, just to differentiate from all the Red marines I already have.

As a matter of fact I have about 40 units currently primed gray. :biggrin.:

*cough* ETL V in May *cough*

Ooh nice.. Ill doone hq, one tacsquadand one scoutsquad. Where do I sign up?

Meanwhile, do I pull the trigger on a box of DC and two boxes of SG? Primarily for bits.

Hmmm.

The nipple armor box is too unit specific for me but the 21 quid dc box is possibly the best bang for buck sm box on the market today.