Meanwhile, do I pull the trigger on a box of DC and two boxes of SG? Primarily for bits.

Hmmm.

Yes.

I've bought 3-4 SG boxes, yet only 5 SG in my army... captains, sergeants, veterans, command squads, tank commander, etc.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Like it? I love it. I will use it for my allied SM detachment The Reborn who are actually a secret Lamenters successor founded by the Ordo Xenos. I may substitute the red with yellow instead, just to differentiate from all the Red marines I already have.

I look forward to seeing that my friend. I hope you don't have to strip anything again...?

As a matter of fact I have about 40 units currently primed gray. :biggrin.:

*cough* ETL V in May *cough*
Ooh nice.. Ill doone hq, one tacsquadand one scoutsquad. Where do I sign up?

Meanwhile, do I pull the trigger on a box of DC and two boxes of SG? Primarily for bits.

Hmmm.

The nipple armor box is too unit specific for me but the 21 quid dc box is possibly the best bang for buck sm box on the market today.

It starts in May and that's when you sign up, but I'll be escalating the BA build up soon enough.

As for the DC box, yes it's great. After it mainly for the DC bits for some DC conversions.

Hmmm.

Yes.

I've bought 3-4 SG boxes, yet only 5 SG in my army... captains, sergeants, veterans, command squads, tank commander, etc.

That's pretty much what I need the SG for as I have very little in the way of jump troops.

So instead I bought the Reclusiasm Command Squad for £49.50. Really.

Basically, it's been phased out and I've had my eye on that Chaplain for a while so I can use interchangeable arms. Otherwise, the box is too small for the bits, the Command Squad looks very dated but has some useful bits and who doesn't need another Razorback? (I may have already picked up a TLAC turret for it;) )

I'll just get those DC abd SG bits next month...

Today I washed and trimmed my Deredeo, and built his top half. Will be my entry into the ETL this year, hopefully with some Death Company as a second vow.

Building the Deredeo with the Auto Cannons, Heavy Bolters, the Missiles and Ceramite armour - but I guess I can't claim for last one as it can't be shown on the model?

I've been happily catching up on this thread after a bit of a hobby-hiatus, which will continue until May unfortunately, but I hope to continue to be inspired by what I see here and be fully motivated for ETL V :)

Blindhamster – which kit did the legs come from..?

I've used the librarian as a regular librarian for my Heresy and 40k Blood Angels:

gallery_14877_7794_271883.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

Yeah ebay is awash with the Deathwatch kits. I wasn't going to bother with any of them other than Cassius and the Imperial Fist as I thought they'd all be going for crazy money, but I've seen almost all in the 3.99 - 5.99 price bracket at various points. Some even with free postage, whcih may have persuaded me to pick up a few more than first intended...

Basically, it's been phased out and I've had my eye on that Chaplain for a while so I can use interchangeable arms. Otherwise, the box is too small for the bits, the Command Squad looks very dated but has some useful bits and who doesn't need another Razorback? (I may have already picked up a TLAC turret for it;) )

In what condition were the sprues in your box? I got the kit for Christmas and beyond the new Chaplain (which was crisp), the rest was really rather trash. I'm accustomed to a certain amount of flash scraping on any plastic kit, but this amount was beyond the pale.

In what condition were the sprues in your box? I got the kit for Christmas and beyond the new Chaplain (which was crisp), the rest was really rather trash. I'm accustomed to a certain amount of flash scraping on any plastic kit, but this amount was beyond the pale.

The Razorback was fine in that there was nothing wrong with it. The Command Squad shows its age and there is a lot of flash on it.  I was more appalled by how it was literally crammed into the box - maybe someone has already opened it? Fortunately there was no damage to the models or the transfers.

I spent the weekend with my family at my parent's place - didn't stop me building a Predator on the way! (Was in the passenger seat, obviously...)

Oh man, talk about hot boxing, I hope you had a window open with all that poly cement!

I spent the weekend with my family at my parent's place - didn't stop me building a Predator on the way! (Was in the passenger seat, obviously...)

Oh man, talk about hot boxing, I hope you had a window open with all that poly cement!

Haha :) It was mainly sprue clipping and cleaning, followed by dry-fit assembly and blu-tac. Only once I got out the car I used a bit of superglue.

Why the dry fit? I've got it in my head that all my new SM tank kits can double up as Rhinos, so that's an interior paint job and magnetisation of all bits required... :sleep.:

What kind of roads do you guys have over there? lol.  If I did that on the way to my parents' place it would end up looking like an Ork Looted Tank.