Finished and submitted this for my local store's Marine 30th painting comp. Poor quality phone pic as was pressed for time. Will have a better version available when I get him back from the store.

gallery_48561_5329_192562.jpg

Was good to get some work done on the army that's kept me in the hobby for so long. Kinda feel bad I'll be contributing to AoD for ETL V.

Finished and submitted this for my local store's Marine 30th painting comp. Poor quality phone pic as was pressed for time. Will have a better version available when I get him back from the store.

Was good to get some work done on the army that's kept me in the hobby for so long. Kinda feel bad I'll be contributing to AoD for ETL V.

You should feel bad! ;)

Seriously though if you're painting BA for 30k you can still point them out of the codex as equivalent squads. I.e 40k point cost on contemptors, cataphracii as shooty termies etc.

EDC

You've done a very good paintjob but I can't get over how ugly this model is.. Those collars and wings make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Today, I did some work on my Brotherhood of the Angels entry, and assembled this lad

http://i.imgur.com/eKaEX2y.png

I've found a rather large surplus of scout torsos in my bitsbox, but not a corresponding set of scout legs. What I do have in large amount, however, are cadian shock trooper legs. This was a test to see if a little GS work and a repose would work. I'm fairly happy with it.

Sat and stared at the 3 boxes of Sanguinary Guard I've had sitting on my desk, unbuilt, for 3 months now. I'll eventually get around to building them into an Assault Squad. Eventually.

I have the same problem. Yesterday I picked up some models, cut out the front and back of a chest piece, painted one small detail on one of my Sanguinary Guard, and stopped :(

Sat and stared at the 3 boxes of Sanguinary Guard I've had sitting on my desk, unbuilt, for 3 months now. I'll eventually get around to building them into an Assault Squad. Eventually.

I have the same problem. Yesterday I picked up some models, cut out the front and back of a chest piece, painted one small detail on one of my Sanguinary Guard, and stopped :(

If it makes you feel better, I'm still working on a metal furioso from when it was a new release. Still hasn't seen anything more than a spray undercoat and that thing has been around about a decade. Yet I slapped that chaplain out in about 4 days. If the motivation isn't there it can be hard. I find things like painting events really help push to get things done.

If it makes you feel better, I'm still working on a metal furioso from when it was a new release. Still hasn't seen anything more than a spray undercoat and that thing has been around about a decade. Yet I slapped that chaplain out in about 4 days. If the motivation isn't there it can be hard. I find things like painting events really help push to get things done.

Yeah, the painting event that the WiP section had last year was the first (and only) one I did, and I finished my tac squad with no problem.

Yeah, the painting event that the WiP section had last year was the first (and only) one I did, and I finished my tac squad with no problem.

You know about the ETL, right?!

EDC

Trying in vain to assemble my finecast Dante only to find that the axe breaks off if you even look at it in a funny way, urgh!!!

Attempting to build my finecast Dante only to find that if i even look at the axe it falls off. URGH!!!!!

Trying in vain to assemble my finecast Dante only to find that the axe breaks off if you even look at it in a funny way, urgh!!!

Attempting to build my finecast Dante only to find that if i even look at the axe it falls off. URGH!!!!!

Tried pinning it with a paperclip?

I have the same problem. Yesterday I picked up some models, cut out the front and back of a chest piece, painted one small detail on one of my Sanguinary Guard, and stopped :sad.:

You know about the ETL, right?!

EDC

What that man said!

Major forum painting event coming up, so why not throw your lot in with us and paint those models? Everyone will have their painting hat on to offer advice and encouragement, and should you complete your choice you'll get something cool for your signature :)

Tried pinning it with a paperclip?

I've given up and chopped his hand off. The axe is too small anyway going to add an encarmine axe instead. Looks much to puny for a chapter master to take into battle.

This Reclusiarch could do with a trip to the Apothecarion today :yucky: :sick: 

Does make you wonder if Marines suffer the same ailments that we do (not talking about virus bombs, Nurgle's Rot or anything like that), or what they eat for that matter :confused:

I believe that they explain a bit of that in the 3rd edition Space Marine codex? Something about a high protein/energy meal (like "the matrix"?) which would likely kill a normal human due to the vitamin/Calorie overdose or something.

Is taste the first step on the road to Slaanesh? Ouch.