I went with 4x combi grav, heavy flamer with mine.

Special Ammo can deal with everything bar 2+ Saves, so I think plasma or grav is the best option there. It feels a waste to have these guys meltacide when we have assault marines for that.

If you have enough grav elsewhere, then you dont really need it, and can stick with regular bolters for a massive saving - losing 2 combis gets you almost an extra sternguard.

I wouldn't bother with a heavy or special weapons it's not worth losing the special ammo IMO.

Combi weapon of choice for me is plas. I run my sgt with a fist, just because the model is soooo cool and it's a nice deterrent if some sucka wants to charge you).

EDC

Edited by evildrcheese

I know we've had this debate before but in my mind there's really no special ammo choice that's better than a Plasmagun.. The upgrade to a Plasmagun is definitely worth it IMO.  I would say the same goes for the Heavy Flamer as well, to be honest..  The special/heavy weapon upgrades truly shine when the Sternguard are riding in a Rhino.  Drive-by double Heavy Flamer templates or S7 AP2 doubletaps are tasty.

Edited by appiah5

I wouldn't bother with a heavy or special weapons it's not worth losing the special ammo IMO.

Combi weapon of choice for me is plas. I run my sgt with a fist, just because the model is soooo cool and it's a nice deterrent if some sucka wants to charge you).

EDC

The model I was going to use has a power fist!

Just found out that it costs 5 MB though o.o

I have an 8 man squad. Two combi meltas and one heavy flamer the rest have just bolters. I rarely use anything else other than the krak or hellfire rounds. Rolling up to a unit in a rhino and dropping all those 2+ to wounds. So good

EDC

The model I was going to use has a power fist!

Just found out that it costs 5 MB though o.o

Totally worth it for the ETL pledge then ;)

EDC

So according to the following link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306852-imperial-armour-tau-vs-red-scorpions-adeptus-mechanicus/?p=4396417

IA XIV will see my dream of having a Death Company Mastodon come a reality! :ohmy.:

Have you seen the retail price my Reclusiarch?

Hidden Content

£300 :furious:

Let's also hope it's not just for the Codex: SM boys!

Edited by Charlo

Welp... Internet is still out at my house, so I can't post my vow for the ETL yet. I've got all the prep work done, so I suppose I could take a photo and post it when I can. I'd like to get to painting as soon as possible :(

Also super excited for the next IA! Hopefully Blood Angels will get plenty of fancy toys alongside the other chapters.

Far too many people put their hopes into "Sold out" statuses nowadays. I don't think this has ever been a good indicator of impending releases. Hell, there have been plenty that stayed for sale right up to their new release (Tau crisis suits/firewarriors for example).

"Hope is the first step to despair"

So my 5 main wishes. (From my experience writing the FT un-official Supplement) :

- Detachment Benefit : Assault Vehicle for Rhino and Razorback.

- Reclusiarch return

- Errata, on Scouts (BS/WS4), on...etc

- Land Speeder Storm (The Scouts Dedicated Assault Vehicle, that can bring a very good and new taste to the tableboard.)

- Deep Strike Formation + Angels of Death Supplement Formations (Like the Stormlance Battle Demi-Company that coupled with a Assault Vehicle Detachment Benefit would become very Blood Angels fluffy).

(Ha ! And why not most of my Flesh Tearers Supplement being included in an Official One ?^^)

"Hope is the first step to despair"

So my 5 main wishes. (From my experience writing the FT un-official Supplement) :

- Detachment Benefit : Assault Vehicle for Rhino and Razorback.

- Reclusiarch return

- Errata, on Scouts (BS/WS4), on...etc

- Land Speeder Storm (The Scouts Dedicated Assault Vehicle, that can bring a very good and new taste to the tableboard.)

- Deep Strike Formation + Angels of Death Supplement Formations (Like the Stormlance Battle Demi-Company that coupled with a Assault Vehicle Detachment Benefit would become very Blood Angels fluffy).

(Ha ! And why not most of my Flesh Tearers Supplement being included in an Official One ?^^)

I would love for them to make your supplement official! It's very well done and a adds a lot of flavor. I hope GW give us something half as good! (By good I don't mean OP, just something fun that works and isn't blatantly worse than other marines...)

If they combined the Angel's Fury Formation with a Demi-Battle Company, that would be sweet and unique.... and eliminating the full Taxtial squad requirement would make it easy and fluffy!

And assault rhinos / charging from deep strike.

:)

I've been working on a Carmine Blades army. I'm hopefully going to be using Astorath in the army to help tell the story of how the Swords of Haldroth became the Carmine Blades. Pics to come.

Look forward to it :)

Anything to pledge for the ETL? We've got no Carmine Blades on board yet...

Picked up a paint brush for the first time in a long time and did some work on Dante.

It feels good to be back :smile.:

Eager to see the results!

Possibly. I'm such a slow painter it would have to be a simple squad or maybe a drop pod.

Everything counts! It would be cool to see a vehicle in the Encarmine heraldry :)

Finished up the squad of Scouts I was putting together. Not 100% happy with how they look, but that's the natural side effect of trying to get decent poses out of the Sniper Scout bodies.

http://i.imgur.com/APXKmoc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BgIEHYa.jpg

Apologies for the terrible photos. I took about twenty, and they're the best. Not a good day for cameras, I fear.

Finished up the squad of Scouts I was putting together. Not 100% happy with how they look, but that's the natural side effect of trying to get decent poses out of the Sniper Scout bodies.

http://i.imgur.com/APXKmoc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BgIEHYa.jpg

Apologies for the terrible photos. I took about twenty, and they're the best. Not a good day for cameras, I fear.

Forthcoming ETL vow by any chance?