BA and librarians

Himlur

So I just picked a Lib for my HQ slot, being that I don't have one yet. I started reading the psychic powers. I really like Biomancy, pyromancy, Telepathy along with Telekinesis. Now I'm not sure what we can use cause of the old codex. Can we use any power or just specific ones. Also any thoughts on what power trees would work best for BA?

Biomancy is great value for our librarians, as there are almost no 'blank' spells that you won't use. It is especially good for Mephiston as any combination of iron arm, lightning reflexes and endurance on him turn him into an absolute monster. Life drain is also good for patching him up.

Also note that furioso libbies with pyromancy are awesome drop pod alpha strikers. I dropped one on an IG player the other day and killed half his army with a single nova. If you take a flamer or frag cannon on him you can shoot his gun and his primaris at separate targets, which allows him to cripple multiple units in the same turn.

Nothing wrong with divination either.

Also note that furioso libbies with pyromancy are awesome drop pod alpha strikers. I dropped one on an IG player the other day and killed half his army with a single nova. If you take a flamer or frag cannon on him you can shoot his gun and his primaris at separate targets, which allows him to cripple multiple units in the same turn.

A Furioso Librarian cannot take a Frag Cannon. The Furioso librarian is a unit separate from the regular Furioso Dreadnought, as such he does not get the options of a regular Furioso. You were (unwittingly) cheating.

A Furioso Librarian cannot take a Frag Cannon. The Furioso librarian is a unit separate from the regular Furioso Dreadnought, as such he does not get the options of a regular Furioso. You were (unwittingly) cheating.

Also can't take pyromancy, just thought i would point that out.

There are Furiuoso dreadnoughts and Furioso Librarians. If you upgrade the Furioso Dreadnought to a Furioso Librarian he is no longer a Furioso Dreadnaought, and thus not eligible for the options of a Furioso dreadnought (e.g. the frag cannon). If you give the Furioso Dreadnought a frag cannon and then upgrade it to Furioso Librarian you exchange all wargear for a blood fist (with built-in storm bolter), smoke launchers, psychic hood and force weapon. This removes the frag cannon.

Personally, I put Libby (and PlasPist) with 10 AsSq- 2 melta, give the Sgt 2 infernus pistols and a melta bomb.

Make sure the Libby grants prescience and that's most units you could pick on decimated in the shooting phase with enough attacks to finish off even termis and imperial knights (although you do have to use classic pincer attack to ensure massive explosion!)

I do like to have a sang priest with a power fist and 5 or 10 more AsSq near by, usually within 6"...

Also can't take pyromancy, just thought i would point that out.

Also can't take a flamer ;) Already pointed out multiple times. 

Pretty sure this is mentioned in the FAQ also. I hope this gets fixed in the new dex, the ability to upgrade the SB to heavy flamer, or making the Libbioso a character would be awesome. 

I agree that having a vehicle as a character has more disadvantage than advantage, but this is just an opinion.

... since this thread is about Libby

in the 7th edition. Without the BA powers Is Mephiston is stil good? I was planning to take him in a 1500 pt game and use him to stomp on an annoying wraightknight.

I agree that having a vehicle as a character has more disadvantage than advantage, but this is just an opinion.

... since this thread is about Libby

in the 7th edition. Without the BA powers Is Mephiston is stil good? I was planning to take him in a 1500 pt game and use him to stomp on an annoying wraightknight.

Without iron arm, he is going to fail hard. He hits on threes, wounds on sixes. You will need force activated along with iron arm. And you have to use smash otherwise he will just roll a 2+ and punch you back. Smash is just one attack this edition. And you are against eldar so he probably will be able to generate the same number of warp charges if not more. There is a good chance of him stopping you activating force or iron arm. So I'd say no.

All attacks from a model with smash are AP2, so Mephy (or a normal libby) with Iron arm gets AP2 even without doing the single smash attack. It's the only way an assault squad can take on nasty 2+ save units like terminators. Libby + Priest + Iron arm is s8 ap2 on the charge, which is pretty nice.

This is all go info, thanks guys. I had a thought, run the lib with assault TH/SS termys and hope for invisibly run them right down the middle and draw a lot of fire and laugh at all the saves i get. As my other troops run down the field drawing no fire hopefully.

Archived