Scythes Stormraven Conversion.

Redlead

Hi guys,

Im going to use this thread for my Scythes of the Emperor Stormraven conversion project, I've seen loads of different examples searching the net/youtube and so on so its nothing new............ but it is for me guys, I've not built a 40k flyer as yet never mind converted one so its all new to me as Im sure it would be for many guys/gals just starting out.

I bought the Stormwing boxset last year (the one with two Stormtalons and one Raven) and just shelved it so its about time I made a start on them, The main problem I see with the Raven is that its cargo bay is too small, the second thing is I hate that silly gun pod thing stuck on top.

So It should be easy lengthen the fuselage and remove the sitting duck guy, well we will see.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0819_zps201ca490.jpg

So this is where I am with it so far, doesn't look much but Im telling you there's a good 2hrs work on this and its already more complicated than I first imagined.

Hope to come back with more progress pic's soon.

I wonder where your conversion will wind up taking the stormraven, every conversion of a stormraven brings something different to the table.  I look forward to seeing the end result, I'm struggling with what to do to the top turret on my stormraven as well. 

Thanks for the response guys.

My first thought was to buy those FW Razorback cannons but I just dont want them on top of the craft at all, so I thought maybe underneath like the Talon has them , but not sure that would work either.

So I bought a set of FW Punisher Cannon and are giong to wing mount them along side the missile pods, well thats the plan right know but things could change.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0836_zps19c9c25a.jpg

Not sure if there's room for the cylinder mag's so more stuff for my bits box but the Cannon's look Awesome!.

Looks great to me. If you need a reference point, I've got the Chapterhouse truescaled SR assembled on the first page of my Sons of Tyr thread below. I like your approach a whole lot better though because a) it isn't going to be horribly warped and made of irregular lengths like the Chapterhouse kit, and b) it locked me into doing an underslung turret for the assault cannons (as in, on the bottom of the main hull) - which makes sense for a ground support aircraft but not for air superiority.

The Punisher cannons are a great idea. I'd love to see where this goes.

Archived