Help identifying older slide transfers

Brothers in Chaos,

I recently pulled out an old waterslide decal sheet and I need your help in identifying some of the decals. The sheet is from early 3rd edition, I think. I've looked in both the 3.0 and 3.5 codices and come up empty on identifying a few of them.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w568/MasterSysop/old_transfers2_zpsa36de0f8.jpg

Now, I know the icons of the four cults, and Alpha Legion, Night Lords and Iron Warriors. But what, exactly, do the skulls between the row of Night Lords and row of World Eaters icons represent? They look like Night Lords, sans wings. Also, what are the vehicle icons with the daemon skulls on the red Chaos stars? Finally, anyone know what the red eye-looking icons are in the lower right?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

They look like the very old EPIC transfers (they were very similar to the Chaos 3 release, just a different size) happy.png

The skulls look like generic Chaos symbols (I could be wrong though)

The Daemon skulls on the red stars look to me like a Word Bearer variant (again could be wrong)

The "eye" is, if I'm correct, a variant of the Eye of Horus.

Good to seem them in any case! happy.png

That's the last Chaos Marine transfer sheet (that was replaced when the Crimson Slaughter supplement was released).

The transfers in question are just generic CSM symbols, they have no legion association. Saying that, the Eyes are pretty classic for Black Legion.

They look like the very old EPIC transfers (they were very similar to the Chaos 3 release, just a different size) happy.png

The skulls look like generic Chaos symbols (I could be wrong though)

The Daemon skulls on the red stars look to me like a Word Bearer variant (again could be wrong)

The "eye" is, if I'm correct, a variant of the Eye of Horus.

Good to seem them in any case! happy.png

Aquilanus,

Thanks! That's right along the lines I was thinking, but I just wasn't sure. And I can assure you, these came out of a 40K box, as I've never had any Epic stuff. I'm thinking it came from one of the old battleforce boxes, or possibly my old Land Raider box.

That's the last Chaos Marine transfer sheet (that was replaced when the Crimson Slaughter supplement was released).

The transfers in question are just generic CSM symbols, they have no legion association. Saying that, the Eyes are pretty classic for Black Legion.

The slide sheet is much older than that, actually. If you have the CSM 3.5 codex, you can see a shot of the exact same slide sheet on page 67. The newer (old) sheets don't have the Chaos runes on the left side.

Yes I know, however they were still being produced until the Crimson Slaughter Supplement was released.  So that sheet was the Chaos Space Marine transfer sheet from 3.5 to half way through 6th edition.

Archived