The Blood Angel Battleforce boxed set, good start?

Helias_Tancred

So make a 10 man assault squad PLUS a sanguinary priest for a total of 11? Or go 9+1 = 10?

Oh yeah forgot to add, I got the BA Battle Force boxed set off of Amazon for $91, and with my prime membership, that's all I paid smile.png

Amazon? 0.o

Man, this thread is really making me want to buy this box set ... but I am feeling like I should hold-off and see what kind of box sets they release with the codex which could be coming within the next 90 days. What do you guys think? Will we probably get a box that's even better than this one?

No. It may be repacked with new box art for a $10 price increase, though. Probably with the new tactical sprues

You'll always need the stuff in this box.

I have 3kpts of BA and still consider this box as a good purchase.

Man, this thread is really making me want to buy this box set ... but I am feeling like I should hold-off and see what kind of box sets they release with the codex which could be coming within the next 90 days. What do you guys think? Will we probably get a box that's even better than this one?

The models are universally useful.  Now, I might consider waiting since I hope we'll get a new tactical sprue that's all Blood Angelly, but if you can find this for a good price grab it.

Loving it. I already had a Death Company squad box set before I got this. I'm going to roll with a 10 man assault squad, 1 5 man tactical squad, and a 10 man death company squad that will ride in the Rhino to GLORY!!

Working on putting them together over the next couple days, then painting them.

Thanks, Xenith. Good to hear the thoughts of an experienced BA player. I've hesitated a bit since I want to build a more DoA style list but it would be good to have tacticals to mix things up once in a while.

No worries. I think the BA battleforce is potentially the one that has the greatest discount on models, unless I am mistake. It was when it was released, at any rate. If you can get one at a 25% off online retailer, it's an amazing buy.

I priced it out and basically you get the Rhino for free at the full MSRP ... if I can find it 25% off then you're only paying for 2/3 of the squads in the box. Not bad at all!

It's one of the very few GW bundles that's both a good value and model-wise sensible.  They need to make more boxes like this.

Yet it is a likely candidate for being replaced when C:BA 7th goes live. Those who want it, get it while you can imo. That said, I've never actually bought it or desired it as I don't *really* need more Tacticals, Death Company or Rhinos...

Archived