Blood Slaughterer vs Flyers/FMC

I was looking at the Blood Slaughters of Khorne in the IA: Apocalypse, and was tossing around ideas to use them in an army list and then I got this thought: how would a Blood Slaughterer's Impaler work on a flyer or flying monsterous creature?

First I was wondering about the rolling to hit as it sates, "using the Impaler counts as a shooting attack which hits on a 4+." Would this cause them to hit flyers on a 4+ since it's not using its BS characteristic? I've heard a similar argument made for Khârn fighting Invisible models, since he always hits on a 2+ in close-combat. I don't know if Snapfiring would trump the "hits on a 4+" rule for the Impaler, but I would like some clarification on that.

The second question is, if the Impaler hits the Flyer/FMC, would it still pull it 2D6" towards the Blood Slaughterer? I understand the Blood Slaughterer couldn't count as charging it since a Zooming/Swooping model can't be charged, but I'm thinking the pulling would still work.

The final question would be, if the Impaler were to ground a FMC after it pulled it into base contact, would it still count as charging it? Or would that the fact that the grounding test doesn't happen until after being shot prevent the Impaler's pulling/charge ability?

I've asked FW this in the past, this is the email response I got:

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your patience. In answer to your questions:

<Unrelated answers removed>

The Blood Slaughterer's Impaler cannot target Zooming Flyers or Swooping Monstrous or Gargantuan Creatures.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

If you have a query about your order, please call

0115 900 4995 within the UK

011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada

00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe

Our office hours are:

0930 – 1800 (GMT) Monday to Friday

0930 – 1700 (GMT) Saturday

I know, emails can't be considered gospel, but take from that what you will.

This may be answered by the new FW Chaos book coming out soon, anyway.

Archived