The Liberation of Albitern.

GrandMagnus

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BATTLE FOR THE ALBITERN SYSTEM, AGRIPINAA SECTOR, SEGMENTUM OBSCURUS, 13TH BLACK CRUSADE.

++ADEPTUS MUNITORUM WARZONE DATA FEED 09029/999.M41. ALBITERN SYSTEM, AGRIPINAA SECTOR, SEG. OBSCURUS.+++

Imperial Control Rate: 14%, State: Anarchy, Resistance: Moderate, Conflict: High.

When the dread warmaster of Chaos, Abaddon the Despoiler, launched his 13th Black Crusade against the Imperium vast numbers of Imperial forces marched to face his dark horde. Of the Imperial forces many greay and glorious chapters made their presence known, chapters such as the Blood Angels, the Dark Angels or the Imperial Fists.

Among the chapters of the Adeptus Astartes one strike force sacrificed much without recognition. The Eagle Warriors, second founding succesors of the glorious XIIIth Legion, the Ultramarines, sworn defenders of Guillimans realm sent a Strike Force to aid in the battle, their target the Albitern System, a badly defended system in the Agripinaa Sector. The strike force was lead by 1st company captain Sevithus Mades. Alongside the Eagle Warriors fought the Kyreevan Iron Regiments, reknown heavy infantry forces of the planet Kyreen as well as elements of the Imperial Navy and the Inquisition. While these joined forces may have seem like a strong military presence the war had managed to spread out accross the entire Albitern system, spaning 9 planets only 1 of which still remained in full imperial control.

The situation developed when rebelions where unleashed upon the 9 planets, with only Sanus, a Industrial hive world with a small imperial naval facility in orbit, managed to repress the rebelion. The other 8 planets, however, where not so lucky and the PDF forces where rapidly falling under siege awaiting reinforcements. The truth behind these rebelions where infact considered to be incited by chaos cults and, worst of all, infiltrated traitor space marines. This theory was later revealed when a force of Word Bearer space marines made their presence known on Osprion, one of the lost planets and started ritually sacrificing the captured population.

Currently, as war is still brewing and the 13th Black Crusade is still ongoing, the Imperial forces are fighting a desperate loosing battle in Albitern, the traitors, mutants and heretics seem endless and imperial forces are loosing the hold on the planet. All they have left, is to await the arrival of reinforcements from outside of the system, but who knowns how long that could take...

http://i49.tinypic.com/w1d6r8.jpg

+++ Pic-capture of planet Sanus, Albitern System +++

Imperial order of battle, Albitern System:

+Adeptus Astartes, Eagle Warriors strike force:

Commander: 1st Captain Sevithus Mades and Praefectus Taelos Nemedes.

2 scores of terminator veterans, 2nd company, half of the 6th support company and elements of the 8th, 9th and 10th.

+Kyreevan Iron Regiments:

8 regiments (15th, 16th, 32nd, 35th, 36th, 101st, 180th and 181st).

Commander: Lord High Marshall Haakon Aschen

+Albitern System Planetary Defense Forces (scattered remains).

+Imperial Retribution fleet.

Commander: Lord Admiral Anya Brauhn.

Chaos order of battle, Albitern System:

+The lost and the damned:

Various mutant hordes.

Various rebel militia formations.

Various chaos cults.

+Traitor space marines: Word Bearers ***Unknown Numbers***

Commander: Chaos Lord Vaaskal Hsarun.

+Summoned Daemonic Hordes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So this is the introduction to my new 40k project (spare me, Im not a great writter). I have set a lot of objectives for myself and it will include the following:

A) A strike force of Eagle Warriors, because I love this chapters colour scheme, it has enough base and lack of information that I can DIY it and its a second founding Ultramarine chapter.

B) My own DIY Imperial Guard regiment, the Kyreevan Iron Regiments.

C) For you traitors, an army of renegade militia, cultists, mutants, word bearers (maybe some night lords :D ) and daemons.

D) Its a project with which I hope to improve my fluff writting, my sculpting and taking my painting to even better levels. Each miniature will be painted at an above table top standard and I will try out new techniques like OSL, TMM and weathering.

Im pretty sure there was something else, but I cant remember it. Oh well, I guess I will remember it soon enough. Hang around because later today I might have a picture of the first guardsman ready and some fluff for my DIY regiment.

May the Emperor be with you brothers and sisters! :D (And as always, this thread is open for comments and critics. 

KYREEN IRON REGIMENT.

The Kyreevan Iron Regiments hail from the temperate industrial hive world of Kyreen, located within the Segmentum Ultima, close to the borders of the Realm of Ultramar. Reknown for their heavy infantry regiments they have fought all over the Imperium of Man.

RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING:

The authoritarian gobernments of Kyreens hive cities recruit mainly from the lower clases of miners and foundry workers, who eventually become the back-bone of the regiments, the infatry and artillery platoons. The upper clases of Kyreen are trained to become members of the Kyreevan Hussarian Regiments, the armoured elite infatry and cavalry of the regiments. The Hussarians often move on to become officers in the regiments, therefore it is often that officers are seen sporting the heavy plate and honour badges of the Hussarian companies. The upper (or militant) clases are obligated to sacrifice their firstborn son for the Imperium, where as the lower clases are chosen through a lottery or volunteer to the guard. Volunteering is often a good option for the working clases as a way to escape the back-breaking work in the mines and factories and military honours might even earn them a rank amongst the militant families.

These young men from the ages of 17 - 19 are inducted into the Regiments Youth Companies were they go through rigorous physical training and spychological indoctrination. These cruel and brutal training regimes forge tough and disciplined soldiers, dedicated for life to the service of the Imperium of Man and their homeworld. While still in training the Youth Companies serve in squads under the command of a Watch Master as the City Watch (considered Kyreens main PDF), a sort of gendarmerie, keeping watch over the working clases and surpresing any elements of cultism, vandalism, terrorism or rebelion.

Once they complete their training (at the ages of 21-23) they are inducted into the Iron Regiments as true soldiers of the Imperial Guard. Here they are awarded their complete set of Kyreevan iron armour, a heavy suit of flak armour than that used by most imperial guard regiments in the Imperium and forged only in Kyreens great factories. The Iron Regiments, named after their armour, are an excellent force of Heavy Infantry, their prefered strategy marching head first into the enemy fire, guns a blazing and bayonets bared while their covered by thunderous artillery barages and heavy weapons fire.

Hussarians are better armed and armoured than their infatry counterparts. They ride into battle inside chimeras to take strategical positions and holding them until the regiments main forces can advance. This often means they will be in the thick of the fight for unknown amounts of time so these men are hardened and stubborn warriors, each one ready to give their life for the Regiment. They wear a distinct battle plate, much thicker and broader than the regular infantry armour and their rank is denoted by a small crest on top of their helmets.

EQUIPMENT:

Standard Kyreevan Iron Regiments infantry squadrons equipment on campaing include:

- Kyreevan “Iron” pattern flak armour, an enhanced suit of armour produced locally which not only covers more of the soldiers body than standard Astra Militarum flak armour but also contains extra layers of plasteel.

- Kantrael pattern M36 las rifle, same pattern as the one used by the famous Cadian Shock Troops and many other imperial regiments, this rifle was added to the Kyreevan arsenal after the Authority saw its great potential while fighting alongside the Cadian shock troops.

- Steel-fang M01 pattern bayonets, a long bladed knife to be used either as a bayonet on the rifle or in hand.

- Ruin MK05 pattern fragmentation grenades, used to clear out rooms, bunkers or enemy lines, each guardsman usually care 2 of these.

- Vox-caster mark-02-023, usually one caried in each squad, these vox casters allow for comunication between squads and command, although they have been known to malfunction during bad weather.

- The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting primer.

- Dog Tags.

- Mess kit and water canteen.

- Sleeping bag.

- Glow orbs, these small orbs emit enough light for the guardsmen to iluminate a small room.

- Basic rifle tool kit, used for keeping the lasguns cleand and sharpening bayonets.

- Kyreevan Iron Regiment Uniform.

- 4 Weeks worth of rations (depending on availability).

ORGANIZATION:

The Iron Regiments follow a very strict chain of command. At the top sit the Lord Commanders, members of Kyreen's Authority, the militaristic gobernment of the planet, who each command a regiment within the army (from 1 to 30). Each regiment hails from one of the planets hive cities. The Lord Commanders, or Authoritarians as their poilitical title is called, are often accompanied by their regimental masters of ordenance, spykers (although highly mistrusted in Kyreevan culture) and often by members of the Imperial Navy.

Under the command of the Lord Commanders are the Field Commanders, who all serve as commanders for the Kyreevan platoon (number of platoons per regiment may vary). Each regiment has its own infatry, armour and artillery formations.

Next in line of command are the squad sergeants, the veteran soldiers who lead each squad, marked out by a white line on their helmet. And finally comes the lowly guardsman.

With this organisation the Kyreevans have ensured that each Regiment is well supplied and well supported and can more or less take care of themselves on the battlefield which greatly reduces the irritating and often fatal problems that arrise from having separate formations.

HOMEWORLD:

Kyreen is a humid and temperate world, covered by swamps, heavy rainforests and great rivers running outwards towards the 2 oceans of the planet. The annual temperature ranges from 4 ºC to 12-14 ºC with a very high annual precipitations. Its mountains, where most of the planets hive cities are located, are rich in minerals. The hive cities are therefore mostly huge mining complexes and industrial sectors dedicated to the production of weaponry for the Kyreevan army and the export of rare minerals to the trading stations that surround its orbit.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af81/The_Great_Archangel/Star%20Wars%20RP%20Planets/Forestplanet.jpg

+++Pic-Capture of Kyreen, homeworld of the Iron Regiments+++

http://databasin2-filestore.s3.amazonaws.com/172d089c062b4fb686cf18565df7dc57/images/mainImage.png?v=1363366755

+++Ground level Pic-capture of the Kyreevan rain forests+++

The people of Kyreen are physically average in size to “regular” human beings, though with pale skin and yellow or amber coloured eyes due to the light from Kyreens sun.

The Kyreevan gobernment, known as the Authority, rule the planet with an iron fist. A very authoritarian and militaristic gobernment they keep a close eye to the low born population who work the mines, industrial complexes and harvesting fields. Discipline and authority is essential for the survival of the gobernment which is why the Iron Regiments and Youth Regiments are indoctrined through strong propaganda and physical punishments to defend their overlords and the rule of the Imperium. Public executions and displays of punishment are common in Kyreevan life as well as constant observation of the people by the gobernments recording devices.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/98059/Hive_world_2.jpg

+++Pic-capture of a Kyreevan Hive City+++

Order, Obedience, Discipline.” - Cathechism of the Iron Regiments.

Arid desert planet. AM 13th regiment field baraks. Sergeant “At least you are not the 5th platoon, theyve been issued winter fatigues” Laughter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And now some pictures of the WIP guardsman as I promised. You can see I have greenstuffed some extra armour, part of the Kyreevan fluff (count as flak armour). I dont think Im done yet, I might have to add some gauntlets and some straps for the armour. But anyways, you brilliant sculpters around here, I would appreciate some critique and ideas. Thanks for watching!

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-07180619_zps6f06c564.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-07180706_zps81e46a01.jpg

*DID a little change on the guy. I realized I had not planed the medic, so i changed his head and added the medic-pack.

Well, turns out Im going to be 1 guardsman short until I get a set of Cadian shock troops. I need a pair of arms armed with a lasgun dry.png But oh well, it wont be long, just need to finish the 4 other guys before I make the next order :P

Some more WIP pictures. First, the guy you have already seen, just with a changed helmet, medic-pack and some greenstuffed gauntlets. I was testing it and I like it, now I just need to add the armour to the right arm.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-08192808_zps9fa69c36.jpg

It looks a bit "wonky" but it still needs to dry so I can shave it smooth. Im also making it smoother slowly as it dries. 

And now the platoon command squads officer:

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-08192817_zps7011ba75.jpg

Also still WIP as you can see. My main inspiration for the Kyreevan iron armour is the Karskin armour with a few personal touches:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120820135723/warhammer40k/images/1/1a/Kasrkin_carapace_armour.jpg

As always Im hoping for some comments and critics. I will paint the medic as soon as Im completely done with him, but due to my work schedule it might be a couple of days (my day-off tomorrow, yay! :D )

now this thread has got quite the potential!

i absolutely love the detail you put into their story and background, it's obvious you know where you want to take them and what you want from your guard.

can't wait for more!

Okay, picture time. 2 things:

1st - I hate taking pictures, also my regular camera isnt available and my phone is a piece of :cuss

2nd - Now that I see the pictures I really hate my paintjob :P But when I compare it to the actual mini all I can say is the picture quality really ruins the paintjob. Also, Im not at all happy with his face. Im used to space marine heads which are bigger and more open. But I guess with some experience it will get better.

So what do you think? Took me a while to decide on the black of the armour. I was thinking green but that would have been too Cadian. Im personally really happy with the medic symbol on his shoulder (Sadly I could not get a good picture of that) and the medic pack.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-10175231_zpsb2979e85.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-10175251_zpsfb0326e4.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2014-10-10175259_zpsb2e5f579.jpg

Sure thing Argent:

I used steel legion drab, zandri dust and screaming skull. Its mostly just a basecoat of SLD followed a drybrush highlight of ALD and ZD, then pure ZD and finally ZD mixed with SS. Though that mini is mostly experimental. Im going to start painting the officer now so the result may vary, less drybrus and more layering, that sort of thing.

Archived