painting slaanesh marines

There's even an army out there (may or may not be Slaanesh aligned) that is pink and black called the Angels of Ecstasy.

Depending on what hue of pink you want, you could simply use GW's specific paints for pink:

1) Base Screamer Pink

2) Shade recesses w/Carroburg Crimson

3) Clean up w/Screamer Pink

4) Layer 1 w/Pink Horror

5) Layer 2 w/Emperor's Children

6) Drybrush edges w/Changeling Pink OR edge highlight w/Fulgrim Pink OR make your own edge highlight color by mixing 1:1 Emperor's Children:White Scar

Pink can be a pain. Especially over a black primer. Screamer pink is a good starting point but I recommend at least two thin coats rather than a think one and hoping it will cove well.

What I will say though is don't be afraid to have fun when painting Slaanesh marines. You can pretty much justify any colours and combinations due to Slaanesh's excessive side.

I've never actually painted pink, but I'd think it's nothing than can't be solved with some quick pre-shading (and taking steps, or layers, as forte suggests). Buy a can of white spray paint, be it primer or anything else, and give your primed-black models an extra coat of white from the top only. Then paint them. You'll have an easier time layering the pink and will likely also achieve some shading effects with next to no hassle.

GW's current scheme for pink works fine, but (in my exerience) requires mulitple coats of base and layers to get a good, bright pink - definitely a pain in the nether-regions.  Priming with white (or maybe light grey, if you have an airbrush) can help (though then the black bits of your armor need to be basecoated) but no matter how you slice it, pink and black is a chore to paint.  (If you do have an airbrush, then you might want to consider using it to prime in light grey, then basecoating the whole mini in the equivalent of GW's pink base - this cuts down on the time to do the pink armor bits, and basecoating black over pink isn't as hard as visa versa for the rest.)

Archived