Charlo's Successor Chapter: -Symbol Brainstorm-

Charlo

I am still a novice painter (just look at my WIP thread!) but I think I might be able to achieve what I want. Really hoping for my new Tau squad to come so I have some fresh models to work on as opposed to repaints or older smaller Marines.

• 2 months later...

With me being at the point where I have to choose I ask ye brothers a question:

Should I go with the traditional Blood Angel helmet colours? E.g. Red for Tac, Yellow for Assault etc?

While on the one hand I like it a lot and think it could break up the "Red and Black" look of my Army, at the same time once a model is painted that's it. Unless I buy a lot more marines could end up with some blue helmeted heavy weapons and the like infiltrating Tac squads...

Does anyone else stick to our interpretations of the codex markings?

I personally don't like it. Having blues and yellows on various colours really doesn't look right. I believe it's supposed to be so you and your opponent can quickly identify which units are which; The ones with chainswords are assaults, the ones with heavy weapons are devastators and the ones with boltguns are tacticals. I do like gold to distinguish veterans though.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a bit of a crisis with the name here, while I am loving Angels Enraged it's presenting a problem to me:

For Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, Nova Marines etc you can say "oh he's a Blood Angel, he's an Ulramarine" etc whereas with Angels Enraged saying "That Marine over there is an Angel Enraged" doesn't quite have the same flow.

What do you brothers think?

Edit: I've been toying with the name Blood Bulls or possible Blood Centaurs to capture the "Rage" aspect of them too. Plus the Chapter symbol could be a blood drop with horns; pretty badass.

Also Midas Angels or something to keep with the Greek/ Roman theme?

I am just terrible at sticking to something!

I think naming a chapter with an emotive word (like 'enraged') is probably not the best route to take. What you need is neutrally descriptive words. Perhaps Blood Bulls is a better route to take (pretty much the best name in your post, imo) but there's so many alternatives that unless you commit to one, then you may very well be changing names for a long time.

I think Blood Centaurs does not roll off the tongue that well, also It makes me imagine the enemies crying: "[explietive deleted] It's the bloody Centaurs!"

How about Sanguine Centaurs or Crimson Centaurs or Carmine Centaurs?

Loving all three of those. Will have to develop them. I've just bought a load of horns from eBay for my dreads so I keep with this theme :P

Or maybe just the Centaurs? We already have Minotaurs in-universe, so it's not like just using 'Centaur' for a chapter name is out of the blue.

See if I could be called the Minotaurs I would, love the name. Just "Centaurs" is a little bland to me, I like the four syllables ones above though.

The Blood Angels aren't called "The Blooded", they're called "Angels". Similarly the Angels Enraged would be called "Angels", although I think "Enraged Angel" sounds much better. The Knights Sanguine are also called "Knights". If you don't like that then what about Erebus Angels, or Knights of Erebus. I would have suggested Tartarus instead of Erebus but that is already used as in-universe planet.

Pretty much!

At this point I'm tempted to just give everyone an afro with horns and be the Blood Bisons... But I kid.

I'm a big fan of the Adjective names too; Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers, World Eaters HERESY etc. I think if done right they give it a really clear vision of the chapter from just two words.

Maybe something like the Blood Chargers, Blood Ragers?

I really liked the name "Rampagers" then realised it was taken by a White Scar's successor... They are even red damnit!

Just ballparking ideas but what about Blood Horns, or other versions such as Carmine, Scarlet, Sanguine etc?

As much as I love the Tauren in WoW, dunno if I like the name for a chapter :( Oh I'll be bringing the battle rage for sure biggrin.png

Ox is another name I could use I suppose. Blood Ox, Crimson Ox etc

If not, I'm liking the Bloodied Horns. Or I could go left field with Brazen Horns...

As much as I love the Tauren in WoW, dunno if I like the name for a chapter :( Oh I'll be bringing the battle rage for sure biggrin.png

If not, I'm liking the Bloodied Horns. Or I could go left field with Brazen Horns...

I believe that's Tauran, though I may be wrong! :p

Crimson Steers, Sanguine Longhorns ('Cause Texas, Y'all), Scarlet Tauren (Tauri in latin, I think), Blood Bulls.

That's just a few off the top of my head, and obviously all adjectives and nouns are interchangeable.

I think this may take a while... tongue.png

I am an indecisive bugger. I'm the type of person who will relish a character creation screen in a game but take 4 hours to get it right... Then I'll have to name it!

As much as I love the Tauren in WoW, dunno if I like the name for a chapter sad.png Oh I'll be bringing the battle rage for sure biggrin.png

I believe that's Tauran, though I may be wrong! tongue.png

Crimson Steers, Sanguine Longhorns ('Cause Texas, Y'all), Scarlet Tauren (Tauri in latin, I think), Blood Bulls.

That's just a few off the top of my head, and obviously all adjectives and nouns are interchangeable.

I think so far Crimson/ Sanguine Horns are my faves. Closely followed by Centaur instead of horns.

Sanguine Longhorns made me chuckle though!

Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch haha! I think you could even use Minos in the chapter name, I believe that was the king who had a labrynth guarded by a minotaur. That's a bit of a strecth aswell, but I'm pulling from reserves to find you a name that will make sense with your horns idea! haha

Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch haha! I think you could even use Minos in the chapter name, I believe that was the king who had a labrynth guarded by a minotaur. That's a bit of a strecth aswell, but I'm pulling from reserves to find you a name that will make sense with your horns idea! haha

Thanks, I really appreciate the help! Often need some outside opinions on these things.

For the overall chapter theme its sort of Bulls and spartany/ greek influences. Kind of like the existing Minotaurs but Berzerkery in battle like in thier original incarnation. The chapter is calm outside of battle but a rampaging beast within' it. Theyre hopefully gunna be a bit blinged up like angels but look a little wild like space wolves (perhaps leathers and horns instead of furs and claws though!) but they'll still have wing motifs and such because they honor thier founder immensely and see the winged blood drop as a symbol of pride.

I'll probably be mixing Space wolf units into the army for a few things and such but that's because I like things like thier termies and devastators more than ours, and also really want to make a Stormwolf look like a bulls head laugh.png

Hopefully some sleep will help me shore up ideas. If not there's always work tomorrow to write stuff down and see how it looks on paper.

As usual keep it coming gents, this chapters shaping up... Just need to paint some models now...

Archived