The Chaos Objective Marker Thread

disease

Hello Everyone,

If it has not been done already, I'd like to open this thread as a place where we can discuss ideas for, and show off completed chaos influenced objective markers. I feel this is an often overlooked part of the hobby, but I know how good we are collectively as designers, painters, converters and fluff makers.

Perhaps we can have a little vow later in the year once this thread gets full of ideas?

So, let's see what we can come up with?

I'll start:

A portal or warp rift. Perhaps a hand or half a minature emerging from it ?

An abandoned ritual, the markings burnt onto the ground but the sacrifice incomplete ?

A crucified space marine

A stockpile of Phospex shells

An eldritch statue, glowing with ethereal energy.

A demon sword, blade-first in the ground, corrupting the landscape.

A floating onyx polyhedron.

Really liking the idea of the stockpiled phosphex shells.  What would you use to represent them?

Hello Everyone,

If it has not been done already, I'd like to open this thread as a place where we can discuss ideas for, and show off completed chaos influenced objective markers. I feel this is an often overlooked part of the hobby, but I know how good we are collectively as designers, painters, converters and fluff makers.

Perhaps we can have a little vow later in the year once this thread gets full of ideas?

So, let's see what we can come up with?

I'll start:

A portal or warp rift. Perhaps a hand or half a minature emerging from it ?

An abandoned ritual, the markings burnt onto the ground but the sacrifice incomplete ?

A crucified space marine

A stockpile of Phospex shells

Now I have to make one of these lol. Great idea though, as soon as the call is done, and maybe my Void Shield, I'm goning to have to make some and probably some terrain. The warp rift might be better as terrain though so we can go big on it.

An eldritch statue, glowing with ethereal energy.

A demon sword, blade-first in the ground, corrupting the landscape.

A floating onyx polyhedron.

Really liking the idea of the stockpiled phosphex shells. What would you use to represent them?

Well you just need the one shell - its basic shape means it should be very easy to press mold into as many as you need? perhaps military models might have artillery shells that could be used or a bullet from a toy?

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and stealing all the best ideas tongue.png

You know this will only work if we all contribute ideas :P ?

so far ive used the book on a stand that was in the undead expansion for warhammer quest, spare chaos icons from the csm box, the weird vortex thingy from the fantasy chaos hentai beasty. after re reading the original epic rules there was a short story where some marines were tied up to some ruins with steel cable cutting into their limbs, wouldnt mind doing something like that, but spending money on a building just to make objective markers seems a bit of a waste, ll see if the manager in the local gw has any spares as they are making a new 40k board. im sure he could part with a few bits if i buy him lunch

For my object Marker, I have:

Crusade - Five object marker with the mark of each Chaos God & Undivided that been put onto dead Black Templars.  There theme around my Iron Warriors holding a blood sacrifce (sp?) to try turn the world there attacking into a Daemonic world.

Relic - A daemonic sword in the stone, useing Bloodletter sword & there a Ultramarine who been sacrifice toward the Daemon of the weapon

Emperor Will - Battle brother Darth Khatir who hold my Iron Warriors Grand Company banner into battle.

I'll need to try get some new photos.  Just the crusade object marker I done where updated - Mk2 version just that the start of the year for a event.  Darth Khatir had a new base built up a while back.

Teethgrinder use the flame part from the Vampire Count Corpe cart as a sort of summon. 

Then you've also got some great parts from the Warrior of Chaos chariot (sp) & Warshrine.

I will post pictures later of the three objective markers I user. They are cruxified people, I think they're Warmahordes, I saw them second hand in my local shop

These guys? http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/wrack

They do look pretty good.

That's the ones! They are currently painted by my though I'm thinking of adding more to them, like barb wire and the like to make the objectives more "Iron Warriors"

Some ideas I plan to make:

Khorne icon daubed on the ground in blood. Tamiya clear red and Nuln oil for that.

I did make a tiny Khorne icon from bones cut from spare Tomb Kings. Must find it again.

Nurgle icon made of three pits (simple carvings in the ground? Craters? Bolt blasts in someone's chest?) with big maggots around it. I've seen rice used and painted up wonderfully as huge maggots.

Slaanesh icon daubed in vital fluids... Or made of skin...on the ground.

Dozens of Eldar spiritstones arranged in the shape of a Slaanesh icon. Might use sesame seeds for this.

I made this once and intend to do so again: 8 heads set in a circle, one Eldar, one Space Marine, One Ork, One Tyranid, One Tau, One Daemonnette, One Necron, One Thousand Son Helm. A spike separates each head from the those beside it, 8 in total, taken from the trophy racks of terminators. Finally, the chalice from the Space Hulk board game set in the center of the circle atop of the 8-pointed star of Chaos found in any chaos vehicle sprue. 

The original is lost, lost on its second day of use in-fact, but I intend to recreate the blood ritual in the future. The heads will display signs of genuine decapitation, small marks and indentations along their necks, cheeks, and craniums. I will make good use of any materials necessary to spread blood along the bases of the models, though the blood of the Eldar, Tau, Tyranid, and Ork will likely have different colors. Then a mixture of all this will be poured into the chalice which will have a dull gold sheen with clear signs of dried blood lining it's sides. 

Archived