Grun's WIP and ETL challange update thread

GrunTeufel

I think you forgot to colour the searchlight, might be the photo though. Otherwise it is awesome paintjob.

Have you used the smoke launcher in a game yet? How does it fare compared to the magna grapple?

I think you forgot to colour the searchlight, might be the photo though. Otherwise it is awesome paintjob.

Have you used the smoke launcher in a game yet? How does it fare compared to the magna grapple?

It is painted but now that I look, it is a bit dull. I will work on it. Smoke launchers on a frag dread is a bit useless I find. I put it in a pod so it unleashes hell upon the enemy first turn. If it survives it charges the closest enemy and thats it. So the magna grapple is the better choice. But I modeled it like this for variation.

That looks totally bad ass!

Great stuff brother.

What are your plans for your next project?

A drop pod probably. My vow includes 10 jump DC, a pod and a librarian dreadnought. I've finished half of it (raven, rhino x3, furioso) so far. I will probably add some more stuff along the way. We will see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Italeri guards red. Valejo medium brown for postshade. Haze it with red again and do some panel highlighting with some red and orange mix. Wash the whole model with seraphim sephia shade. Drybrush using a red and flesh tone mixture. A bit time consuming sadly.