SG + Power Lances?

JSlade

Could somebody disuade me on why making a few SG have power lances + SP is a bad idea?

first charge:

10x dice. reroll hits, wound MEQ on 2+? AP3? Seems like it could take out quite a bit. Give some Inferus pistols for +2 guys?

why is this a bad idea?

as a side note, I picked up an order of Palatine blades. I think I want to make a SG out of them, with the SG death masks, and wings. They have wing and face iconography on them already. Seems like a neat unit? To fly around and reduce MEQ squads.

In short, it's illegal. A glaive encarmine may be an axe or a sword. No maul or lance options available I'm afraid. Sounds like a good idea though, and it may be allowed in our new codex.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Blood_Angels_v1.0_May14.pdf

Dallo

Well. thats the end of tha6

Again, just trying to find an excuse to have some angel looking dudes with spears. Maybe the HG with dante? FC+FNP+H&R? Cant reroll hits, but S6, and can do it over and over and over again? Maybe for that extra Gustav Dorre Lucifer look, give them shields?

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/JudasGoat_Baali/paradise_lost_3.jpg

Maybe, with a reclusiarch instead of Dante, to make it cheaper.

what would that look like...14( 5x3-1)? attacks on the charge, at S6, AP3. Reroll hits, and wound MEQ on a 2.

Oh. And the chapter banner. Thats not bad.

Dante attached to a unit of DC or Vanguard with power lances would be awesome (at least until our next codex).  Hit and run with lances...

JamesI, i've been reading your posts and taking notes for many years, so thanks for replying. But I think the HG w/ Reclusiarch is a better option.

1) HG + Reclusiarch  = 380 (410 w/ chapter banner)

and it buys you:  12x WS4 with reroll at S6 AP3 (16x WS4 w/reroll and S6 w/banner)
+ Reclusiarch attacks 4x WS5, S6 AP4 (5 WS5, S6 AP4)
w/ fearless, FC, FNP, rerolls to hit

2) Vanguard + gear and Dante = 460
15x WS4, S6, and Hit and Run, surgical strike

3) DC + gear + Dante = 475
15x WS5, S5 AP3, and fearless, FC, FNP, Relentless, H&R, Surgical Strike

While hit and run is awesome, it seems to me, the reclusiarch's ability to let the whole squad reroll hits, really ups the killing power. So 16x SR6 hits, AP3 against a MEQ squad... seems like it'd do a lot of very good things. Now, against 2+? well. thats a different story i reckon.

I could see this lance squad, wiping out a squad every turn. Imagine against those T3 opponents, that's instant kill. 

Am I missing something?

I model my SG with spears/lances because it looks cool.  Just tell your opponent the lances are count-as glaive axes.

Kromlech's Vibro Glaives could go as either axes or spears, especially if you remove the perpendicular spikes. Hmm somehow they don't show the third style, which does not even have such a spike.

Others said most of it already, but the idea is to charge something you won't destroy all at once. Use hit and run on their turn to allow you ti charge again (or go after a different target while the rest of you army deals with the weakened target). Now I had not considered HG, but they would work well with Dante too.

Others said most of it already, but the idea is to charge something you won't destroy all at once. Use hit and run on their turn to allow you ti charge again (or go after a different target while the rest of you army deals with the weakened target). Now I had not considered HG, but they would work well with Dante too.

Well depending on the target and other near units you might be safer in CC than out of it.

This is why you hit and run at the end of thier turn. You are now free to engage either the same target or move on to something else.

Dante's Can opener unit:

Dante and 4HG with meltaguns and power weapons.

Charge, open a tank, engage contents, rinse, repeat.

Power weapons and meltagun is very close to an upgraded Sanguinary guard (they get Infernus pistols but still no extra attack)

A so equipped squad costs 265 pts. Sanguinary Guard with 5 Infernus Pistols is 250 pts. Subtracting one guard from the latter and adding a Sanguinary priest, for comparison, you have a cost of 275 pts. The actual units cost 325 pts, because you cannot have only 4 man SG but you get one more body and WS5 on the priest (and trhe possibility of upgrades. Additionally with Dante, that unit has Objective Secured.

Archived