Arming a melee Honor Guard

appiah4

OK, so Honor Guard; I am currently building/painting one.  So I already have the following in there;

Sanguinary Priest

Company Champion with Axe

Company Banner Bearer

Veteran with Power Fist

Meltagun

No jump packs..

Do I need more bling here?  Should I give the Banner Bearer a Power Weapon or special weapon?  Should I swap out the Meltagun for a Flamer and give the Banner Bearer a Flamer as well, because why not?  Actually come to think of it, why not give the Power Fist guy a Flamer as well?

Stuck for ideas on how to arm this squad, share advice and experience please :)

On one hand a flamer is such a good use of points that you should probably take one whenever possible. On the other you are putting a lot of points on single wound models in a slightly schizophrenic squad.

What's their intended role?

Protect my own objectives holders and counter assault from inside a Fast Rhino.  In that sense 2 flamers makes sense, I can shoot out of the hatch with both templates..

The rest of my army will be fast flankers (Plasma bikers, Baal Predator, Death Company and Sternguard in Rhinos) to hit wherever the enemy looks weak..

In that sense 2 flamers makes sense, I can shoot out of the hatch with both templates..

Only if you go slow. Moving fast only allows snap shots. You can still disembark and flame. Maybe 4 flamers and a razor with TL flamers? There's no kill like overkill.

Yeah four flamers is not really mele Honour guard. I personally run an Honour similar to the one in te first post.

Champion with Power Sword

Company Banner

Meltagun

Power Fist

This load out is ideal for tank hunting, but if I do get assaulted I have some stopping power as well as a character for the challenge. Reason I don't run a power axe is that in a challenge I want to swing first more than last.

Archived