Secret Santa Minis

marine7312000

Just an update.  Still a couple more things to do but won't have much time to work on anything till tomorrow or friday.

So got the upper body, head, and arms done.  Just gotta add the eye lenses, paint the haft, clean up a few lines, do the shoulder pads, darken the wheels and then another layer of white I think.  Just every time I see the wings from another angle something about them seems off.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/a5360532-40fb-4613-9454-33ea185ff1c8.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/481fea16-4a0c-4f7c-a408-be0b086f78db.jpg

Progress.

Alright 1 model down.  Here is my take on a Knights of Blood Chaplain.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/10357244_823771381007591_8872652912132920005_n.jpghttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1385324_823771127674283_7896787746189400102_n.jpg

I have no idea why one picture came out smaller when I loaded it from the SD card to my PC.  But whatever.

And here's a closer look at my rough beginnings for the Librarian.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/10730911_823771061007623_5808032997601942089_n.jpg

Relatedly: Progress biggrin.png

tumblr_neacvaLQjk1rgb5qno1_500.jpg

Without spoiling my partner, what do you think of my conversions? I've got a couple of great ideas for the head - still trying to decide which one to go with.

Oh wow, that

cherubim cape

looks really cool. I've never seen it used on a model like that before, I'm eager to see what it looks like painted.

I've got some work done...

Brother Ludovic asked that I create a representation of how I thought he would appear in the 40K universe.  I knew I wanted to do some more obscure chapter and before he had expressed what exactly he would like I had initially begun work on a Mentor marine, but it just didn't click for me for some reason. After he said do Sellsword's take on what Brother Ludo would look like it got a little easier...  At first i went with Angels Sanguine, Ludo is kind of a mysterious dude in my book and the shrouded, never see their face thing sounded cool, but I just wasn't feeling the whole vampires in space thing...  So I ended up going with Brazen Claws... Not sure why, it just felt right.  The model conversion felt good too. I think I took a pretty boring model and gave it a little something better.  It's not over the top, but it's still pretty cool.  Oh, and I couldn't resist the bolter and chainsword loadout either!!!

15684778501_e7a182669b_s.jpgUntitled by immortalloki, on Flickr

Recipient: MagicMan

He will be getting an addition to his Marines Errant - I am thinking a Chaplain to lead boarding actions

Recipient: Battle Brother Ludovic

He has asked for an-universe version of himself - I am thinking a Librarian to reflect his Mod status - maybe a loyalist Emperor's Children Epistolary

Argh! So tempting to click those spoiler buttons pinch.gif

Congrats! You're getting a...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Click it. You know you want to.

Maybe it's the truth, or maybe it's a lie. Or maybe I'm just messing with you. But it could be a puppy! Don't you want a puppy? Click the puppy!

Did not work on this lately as much as I probably should have.  But either way here I go.

So some progress on the Libby

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1105141442.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1105141442a.jpg

Good God I need a better camera.

Recipient: MagicMan

med_gallery_65393_10139_1129281.jpg

med_gallery_65393_10139_620400.jpg

I have gone with a Marines Errant Chaplain and attempted to make him as bad-ass as possible. Parts list: Terror Squad Head, Iron Hands legs, Mk II (?) torso, combi-plasma from 9th Company Captain, Iron Warriors shoulder pad, Deathwing Knight mace-head and Icon from Lysander. I am quite pleased with how he came out, lets hope MM is too!

I've got another model in the works for Daemon2027

He asked for either a Heresy Era Raven Guard or a 40K World Eater, so since I know absolutely nothing about building 30K armor marks a Khorne beast it shall be!  I had a lot of fun with this model despite the fact that I originally intended to take a saw to one of my older metal figures...  Does anyone else note the size difference from the old casts to the newer plastics?  So I shopped for some appropriate bits on Ebay and this is what I've got.  Not exactly what springs to mind in a practical combat situation, but I've always found depictions of Khorne Marines fascinating by the sheer representation of size and strength usually played up by the bulkiness and mass of their armor and adornments.  I just picture this guy despite all of the weight he's slogging around just being so freakishly strong and quick that it shocks the mind.  He's sporting a good ol' chainaxe and a combi flamer of my own design...

15164496143_ebcaf4b420_s.jpgKhorne for santa by immortalloki, on Flickr

Recipient: Hellchyld

Hellchyld has accepted my offer of Brother Bariel, a 1st Legion defector to his 8th Legion.

Brother Bariel served the 1st Legion honourably from the infancy of the Great Crusade. He earned many laurels and distinction in his role as Commander of a Veteran Assault company. It was during the Thramas campaign that Bariel was severely injured and slipped into a sus-an comma. When he awoke he found it was the Night Lords who has 'rescued' him. After a countless period of time, Bariel was convinced that his Legion had betrayed and abandoned him, and the Night Lords had truely saved him. Ever since pledging his new loyalties Bariel lives for any revenge he can visit upon his former brothers.

gallery_48988_10097_54185.jpg

gallery_48988_10097_70546.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

For Battle Brother Ludovic, who wanted a representation of himself 40k style - ive come up with 2 not so original ideas;

An Inquisitor would be easy, but a novice =I= much less so. Perhaps a very nicely detailed SoB?

Some of you guys are super busy in here!

Archived