Dark Angels Landraider Project

FarFromSam

Hey all.  I'm looking to start a work intense project involving a Deathwing HQ, Command Squad, and Deathwing Landraider, and I need your help!

A while back I saw Landraider Conversion on here that I knew I wanted to try.  It involved these doors for the side hatches.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/farfromsam7/20141021_093947_zps7xawu8kg.jpg

So I tried my google-fu, and site search-fu, but was unable to locate what I was looking for.  (Dark Angels Land Raider Chapel is still a fun search though.)  So, I'd be greatful for any help, you could provide me.

Also, I haven't decided what kind of HQ to build yet so add your suggestions as well and I'll see what I can convert up!  

As always brothers, Glory to the Emperor, the Lion, and the First,  FarFromSam.

Hey all. I'm looking to start a work intense project involving a Deathwing HQ, Command Squad, and Deathwing Landraider, and I need your help!

A while back I saw Landraider Conversion on here that I knew I wanted to try. It involved these doors for the side hatches.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/farfromsam7/20141021_093947_zps7xawu8kg.jpg

So I tried my google-fu, and site search-fu, but was unable to locate what I was looking for. (Dark Angels Land Raider Chapel is still a fun search though.) So, I'd be greatful for any help, you could provide me.

Also, I haven't decided what kind of HQ to build yet so add your suggestions as well and I'll see what I can convert up!

As always brothers, Glory to the Emperor, the Lion, and the First, FarFromSam.

Practically speaking I'd use a company master or belial, my next picks down are an int chaplain or a termie libby, asmodai is dead last

Azreal is wasted on them imo, and ezekiel is going to hold them back more than help them. Since it's put only squad of termies that can go and bring the halberd, th/ss, banner buffs, and not have to pay the tax for the horrid sgts with power swords you want them in the thick of a fight derping the enemy in the face.

A good solid hq that can compliment that is a must and so really the int. Chaplain, comp master, or belial really are your best picks.

If I'm going to field a librarian or zeke with a command squad 9/10 it will be a standard command squad or a rwcs as they work at a complimenting pace and generally like to be in the same places on the battlefield.

Asmodai is also an option but again I pick him last as really his role is to mulch infantry and a dwcs can take a hf and lc's you kinda don't need much more than that, tho I suppose if a stupid idea was tried and it worked; then it wasn't stupid.

@ aura_enchanted, I completely agree your conclusion on Asmodai - zzZZZzz.  He's disappointing.   And I already have Azrael, Belial (multiples), and a PA Chaplain built, but the TDA Libby/Chappy or even a Company Master peaks my interest.  For me it is going to come down to the rule of cool.  Which can I make pose/convert/paint to make the unit LOOK cool.  Blue, Black, or Bone :P

That's the exact one Blighted!  I am going to steal that idea and hope Bjoen doesn't go on the hunt.  I'll have to PM him for pointers since his came out so well.   Thanks Blighted.

Time to get started on this mess! Still looking for HQ inspiration.  If you have seen a slick HQ you'd like to share, I could use all of the help I can get.  Thanks.

@ aura_enchanted, I completely agree your conclusion on Asmodai - zzZZZzz. He's disappointing. And I already have Azrael, Belial (multiples), and a PA Chaplain built, but the TDA Libby/Chappy or even a Company Master peaks my interest. For me it is going to come down to the rule of cool. Which can I make pose/convert/paint to make the unit LOOK cool. Blue, Black, or Bone :P

That's the exact one Blighted! I am going to steal that idea and hope Bjoen doesn't go on the hunt. I'll have to PM him for pointers since his came out so well. Thanks Blighted.

Time to get started on this mess! Still looking for HQ inspiration. If you have seen a slick HQ you'd like to share, I could use all of the help I can get. Thanks.

I have a mean picture of a standard tda company master I can show u, I'm actually working on a similar one right now that will be wielding a gk wrist bolter instead of the normal hand bolter.

I'll post a picture later

Archived