101st Screaming Eagles Space Marines - Den of Imagination

Bania

Only Americans can get 37 shots out of a revolver without reloading. :D God those movies were bad.

Anyway! I'm loving how this is all coming out. Just one point of real concern: the eagle crest on the knight looks...a tad unsure of himself? It just isn't in line with the high quality throughout the rest of the model. confused.gif

Anyway! I'm loving how this is all coming out. Just one point of real concern: the eagle crest on the knight looks...a tad unsure of himself? It just isn't in line with the high quality throughout the rest of the model. confused.gif

It's "ol' Abe" or the Screaming Eagle of the 101st, we call it the Ruptured Duck or the Scalded Chicken.

The crest is missing the hooked beak of a raptor and has the straight beak of a fowl. I think maybe that what is catching your eye.

Phenomenal work overall otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Only Americans can get 37 shots out of a revolver without reloading. biggrin.png God those movies were bad.

That was the Last Word.

WOW! Really digging that colour! I really like how you have split the red, white and blue helmets up in the squad, to any other army it wouldn't make sense but for country flag representation it fits the bill :)

Also that Knight reminds me of Liberty Prime from Fallout 3, looking baddass

Semper Fi

I for one have always loved and had a lot of respect for our military.  Our military's colors helped me pick out my force -dark angels - back in the day.  I had always wanted to do a US themed force but could never figure out how to do it right.  Lots of people go for digi camo, however, the flat tan with flat black is perfect and STUNNING.  Kudos sir on finding an amazing combo.

The flag colors are perfect too, they are bright but their matte qualities tones them down and keeps them kosher with the scheme.  Any chance on seeing an HQ model for this group?

Wow... keep up the good work!

maybe im a nay sayer (don't get me wrong, love this coloring)....maybe my 101st days are pulling my stripes out on this one....but all that red, white, and blue combos in there look more like an advert for the 82nd and their "all American" motto.... 

but then again...  living at Campbell for a time I might have grown too partial to yo-yo-ing and more annoyed with lawn darts...

still.  nice crisp and clean.  great job!.

Archived