plastichead's return to the hobby - DA successors

PLASTICHEAD

After a very long break from the hobby (due to buisiness- and family-life) I've been spending many nights lately rumaging through crates and boxes, dusting of old models and equipment. I've decided that it's time for me to return to the Dark Angels, and this time a DIY successor chapter. Since I'm a slow painter (and builder for that matter) I've also decided that I need a paintscheme that I can paint up rather quickly, and in my case that means drybrushing and washes. And because metal paints are the only paints that I truly master when drybrushing (and because I just love the idea of knights in shining armour) I'm going for a kind of all-over-metal look. But I'm still not sure about the colourscheme yet (still working on that).

What I got to share so far (and it will be a while before I upload again due to a big move back to Copenhagen in a week) is a few tacs I fiddled together a few nights ago. They are straight out of the box as most of my army will be, since I'm on a tight time-schedule and only have a few nights each week for hobby, and because I intend to paint up most of the stuff I got before buying new stuff (even though the new models are bloody killer)

Well, enough of my rant, here goes...

Most of this squad is done (except a few backpacks) and I intend to make three 10 man tac squads in totoal to start with.

20141024 140634 resized 1

I'll try to get more images up within two or three weeks, depending on how moving back to the old place goes smile.png

Cheers, and c&c are most welcome

plastichead (former known as littleblake)

(First off - sorry 'bout the crappy pics)

Just a tiny update...

I was doodling with some bits last night and came up with this (a little over-tooled) vet sarge:

2014 10 27 13.46.09 resized

2014 10 27 13.44.38 resized

..and while I was at it, I found this old piece in the bits-box. It kind of shows where I tend to go with this quick and easy drybrush/wash paintjob for this army.

2014 10 26 13.20.21 resized 1

2014 10 26 00.13.46 resized 3

I'm not sure if I want to keep the red and gold parts - I think I'll try with a darker metal from a thinned Warlock Bronze as basecoat, and a semi-heavy overbrush/drybrush of Leadbelcher up to Cold Steel or Mithril as final highlights - and then take it from there.

More updates on the way....

Archived