Slipstreams Plog Of Random! Mostly Imperial Fists...

Slips

Howdy!. As I've been participating in the Casual Hobby challenge down in the AoD sub Forums and finally got over my painting anxiety, I decided to start a thread/repository for all stuff painting that I may/will produce. Yay!

So, to start, some pics of what I'm currently working towards, that being a 3500 point list for a Heresy Campaign that I'll be participating in with Wolf_Pack and other Canadians. (this is what got me motivated to start painting tongue.png)

Expect to see lots of Forgeworld Stuff in here.... No I do not have a problem! *clicks purchase on FW site*

PICTURE SPAM TIME!

basecoats

This is the entire 3500 points. 26 Terminators (yay Pride of the Legion), A Spartan, a LR Phobos, a LR Achilles, a Sigismund counts-as (pending the official FW model), Primus Medicae and 10 Templar Brethren, a Sicarian and 2 Contemptor-Mortis' (Lascannons and Auto-Cannons).

Yes, most of this was primed black only to be painted over in Yellow. Heretical I know.

Progress

This is them after getting the Yellow to where I want it to be. Was surprisingly easy to achieve : 2 Coats of Averland Sunset, 2-3 Yriel Yellow and 2 Flash Gits. All but the last coat of Flash Gits was thinned to the consistency of light cream.

progress2

As of now, all the Black Primed models barring the tanks have had their Silvers and Golds base coated on. The White Primed will come later as those are the ones that will be Primarily Yellow.

Most if not all of the Silver is found on the back of the Minis so, I didn't really bother Taking any pictures.

No classes next week so I should get more stuff done. Tonight, I'll be doing some shade work on the Silver (Nuln Oil), Gold (Agrax or Seraphim) and Yellow for the Rivets/Bolts/Edges (Seraphim Sepia). I would use Cassandora Yellow but, really, Its orange :\

MORE PICTURES TO COME! WOO PHONE CAMERAS!

Wow brother that yellow is reaaaally sharp. Nice work.

Thanks! Means a lot for a first time painter such as I :P

Granted I did a LOT of research, vid watching and reading prior to starting.

Updates:

Put more base colors onto the group : Red Weapons Casings where applicable, Green for the Laurels and some of the Medicae Vials.

Did a "highlight" of Eshin Grey on any black edges; so terminators, Contemptors and any Templars that doesn't have Yellow leg plates.

Also more or less finished the Medicaes tabard-thing, building it up using bone-beige colors and a final two layers of Ceramite White. Came out pretty well considering I primed this batch of Mini's Black. Plus, I did the base of the skin on the only Unhelmeted Marine of the whole bunch.

Finally, all Power Weapons barring Power Fists (exception being the Templar Champion) and Lightning Talons (claws) were base coated in a mix of Abaddon Black and Macragge Blue 1:1 for a really dark blue. I plan on doing them in the style of Sockwithaticket's Crimson Tears. Cheers to him for the inspiration.

Picture Spam: 

Group

Champ

Medic

Medic back

Wooo Phone Cameras

Okay, the red weapons looks a bit weird in my opinion, but thats just because Im a fan of black weapons. But otherwise these guys look great.

Agreed, and it's because the yellow and red share the same value. Using a darker shade of red would look great.

Yeah, I will be darkening the Red. It was mostly to outline everything I wanted Red so that I could start thinking about the other tiny pieces on the weapons. Trying to figure it all out when its just a chunk of black makes it a bit harder.

I may bring them to a maroon or red-purple if I can, very dark probably nearing black.

image2

...And done tongue.png Decided to just drench the glaring, red weapons in heavy coats of Drakenhoff Nightshade to bring it down in tone and give it a slight purple edge. I think they look better now, but may need some work later on.

We'll see.

Edit: seems that I cant transfer the proper final photo from my phone so this one will suffice. its only missing small details like the Purity Seals.

Progress on the Contemptor...I think its shaping up ok. Would have made more progress but bad sleeping habits and waking up early for school makes me a sleepy boy.

I'm hoping after the next lighter layer of nightshade around the green-over-blue areas that it blends properly since I think its already too dark. Still winging the paint scheme as I go along with a very rough idea in my head...

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of Painting, I put together these 3. One is for a Secret Santa the other two are for March Of the Legions.

Also doesn't help that I'm being bogged down by End-of-Session school work tongue.png Assembling single marines with pre-determined parts and pieces and no wishy-washy-ness makes for very fast assembly (like..less than 10 mins each...)

Raven1

Raven2

Raven3

Raven3

raven4

fury1

fury2

fury3

fury4

Angel1

angel2

angel3