They wouldn't, would they?

Dark_Master

Hello,

I was looking around the Blood Abgel Codex rumour thread when I saw this link.

http://dedard.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/new-blood-angels-campaign-boxed-set-and.html?m=1

Apart from the Blood Angel/ Tyranids & necron stuff they was a mention of a codex that would 'shock' people.

Now sisters are unlikely, squats more so & Tyranids are getting dataslates and the box set.

They wouldn't redo the DA codex for 7th would they? Ours is the oldest once Blood Angels and Necrons are done.

With the editions being so quickly changed, I do wonder.

DM

Codex CSM is the oldest in 6thand in dire need of a remake...

They won't remake codex DA for a year or more...

The problem is that in GW the GD are primarily fans of 40k and of certain armies and it's clear that no GD is a fan of DA... This explain why DA codices always seems rushed and poorly tested... They rush the work to dedicate themselves to,armies they like more...

They've had some movement in staff recently with I presume younger people coming in (cheaper)

There also I presume more focused on getting stuff out so you've the battle between play testing and deadlines but they seem to have a framework that the designers are supposed to stick too.

The biggest issues they have to sort out is the ForgeWorld stuff v the Codex as the FW releases are hobbyist and rules wise are all over the shop with balance.

40k isn't exactly flourishing there was a whole tranche of people who quit club and regional comps with the introduction of 6th with the complete mess they made of allies. Turning up for a game then having your entire army wiped by turn 2 with latest deathstar OP combo didn't endear people to want to stay in the game much.

I'm thinking they will move sisters to hardcopy, or they will do a seperate codex for maybe the genestealer cults (long live the volkswagen of doom!)? Or move sisters to hardback

I think a more likely scenario for the future after these nids bugs is a codex supplement for the nids, potentially for hive fleet behemoth. With an adjusted synapse table. This would be a huge help to the nids codex as synapse just punishes the everliving stuffing out of the nids.

They then do a blood angels codex.

Maybe they will also do a bt's supplement?

In the 7ed Code: Dark Angels the Lion awakens and rebels against the Empire of Man. The Dark Angels and their Successors are all declared Excommunicate Traitoris and begin the series of Renegade Space Marine Codices, squeezed between Chaos and SM.

You read it first here, on Bolter and Chainsword ;)

In the 7ed Code: Dark Angels the Lion awakens and rebels against the Empire of Man. The Dark Angels and their Successors are all declared Excommunicate Traitoris and begin the series of Renegade Space Marine Codices, squeezed between Chaos and SM.

You read it first here, on Bolter and Chainsword msn-wink.gif

Actually this sounds pretty cool!

They could release the dark angel codex and then two £30 supplements one for death wing and one for ravenwing.... Think of the money.

And what would actually be in the mian dex then ... ? Think about it :)
The rest of the chapter maybe???

According to all our codices DA have 7 PA companies and 1 Scout company Too... ;)

But considering that we are possibly the only codex to not have supplements and/or dataslates (due to the lack of interest the GD have towards the first legion) I bet that we won't have a new dex till 9th edition... ;)

They could release the dark angel codex and then two £30 supplements one for death wing and one for ravenwing.... Think of the money.

And what would actually be in the mian dex then ... ? Think about it smile.png

The test of the chapter maybe???

According to all our codices DA have 7 PA companies and 1 Scout company Too... msn-wink.gif

Well, yeah there is the PA contingent, but we dont have a whole host of rules fo rthem that aint covered in, you know, another Dex :) It would be one hell of a small dex if they left out the 2 core Companies that add the flavour to our beloved 1st

And what would actually be in the mian dex then ... ? Think about it smile.png
The test of the chapter maybe???

According to all our codices DA have 7 PA companies and 1 Scout company Too... msn-wink.gif

Well, yeah there is the PA contingent, but we dont have a whole host of rules fo rthem that aint covered in, you know, another Dex :) It would be one hell of a small dex if they left out the 2 core Companies that add the flavour to our beloved 1st

They have their own flavour...

We are the only legion that has veteran squads inside the battle/reserve companies and we have our "powerful" Grim Resolve Chapter tactic...

Personally, I would like the surprise codex to be Angels of Death. Folding us in with the Blood Angels as the two Space Marine chapters who outwardly follow the Codex, but execute it in considerably variant ways. An updated codex with the benefit of not having to buy another separate codex for my impending BA army!  I don't find it especially likely, but I can dream.

I love the idea of the DA being declared Excommunicate Traitoris far more than I should, but since by this point, I've read more HH Space Marine material than i have 40k SM novels, I would enjoy seeing at least SOME of the Astartes trying to follow the Imperial Truth.

Personally, I would like the surprise codex to be Angels of Death. Folding us in with the Blood Angels as the two Space Marine chapters who outwardly follow the Codex, but execute it in considerably variant ways. An updated codex with the benefit of not having to buy another separate codex for my impending BA army! I don't find it especially likely, but I can dream.

I love the idea of the DA being declared Excommunicate Traitoris far more than I should, but since by this point, I've read more HH Space Marine material than i have 40k SM novels, I would enjoy seeing at least SOME of the Astartes trying to follow the Imperial Truth.

BA FOLLOW the codex... They only hide their genetic flaw and have the Death Company and Sanguinary guard as peculiar formations (but UM have the Tiranid war veterans for example)...

DA don't follow the codex... It's different... DA are more similar to SW or BT than BA...

A "AoD" codex will be the HH book by FW about BA (Signus Prime) and DA (Thramas Crusade) that is rumored for late 2015/ early 2016...

About the Traitors thing... DA cannot be declared Traitors cause the Lion will wake up when the emperor will call him so no Jonson rebelling against the Imperium there...

Won't somebody please think of the money

It's different... DA are more similar to SW or BT than BA...

Hm, really?

Dark Angels = Traitors, check. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, none found yet, but they bred from a mutated planet's stock.

Space Wolves = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, check.

Blood Angels = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, no. Mutants, check.

Black Templars = Traitors? Witches? Xeno lovers? Mutants? + NO +

Now tell me again how Dark Angels are ANYTHING CLOSE to the Black Templars? *revvs chainsword*

Speculation is it refers to a totally new faction. It almost certainly isn't a reference to a newer DA Codex - because why would that shock?

A new faction while Sisters of Battle remain ignored like a middle child? Lovely.

I hope it's Sisters. I really want my Sisters models to be good.

But let's get real... this wouldn't be the first time since the Sisters fell from relative grace that we got a new faction. Case in point... Imperial Knights.

That said, the right kind of new faction might be signally GW's intention to pull cool stuff out from the bottom of the barrel. Genestealer cults, for example, might bode well for the Sisters.

The correct term for the DA/Unforgiven is "heretic", not traitor. They do still work for the Imperium, but not by High Lord command, they do it in their own way as they feel is best for the Imperium.

Yeah, in the realm of how are the BT heretics... They pretty much pay lip service to the High Lords, much like the DA, then go do their own thing, like the DA, and they also violate the Codex Astartes based on raw Marine numbers, but then further one up the DA by having those hybrid squads of neophytes and full Marines (since I'm assuming we are talking about old 'Dex BT, since if we're talking new 'Dex BT, they are also cool with Librarians).

And all Marines are mutants by the time the gene-seed is done with them, they definitely aren't human any more. About the only reason they can't be classified as Xenos is that they originate as human stock and then get tampered with to mutate, but if Marines came out of the womb as Marines, they'd pretty much be Xenos.

since I'm assuming we are talking about old 'Dex BT, since if we're talking new 'Dex BT, they are also cool with Librarians.

Actually Templars still aren't cool with Librarians. They think Astropaths are "fine" since they are blessed by the emperor but anything else is still a witch and must be burned.

Also Templars are in no way secretive about their numbers, it's just that no one asks, and only one person has any idea. I mean they showed up with only a handful of ships (True one was the Eternal Crusader) during the war for Armageddon, yet had 900 marines. I don't think it's hard to figure out they have more than a thousand marines when 900 are in one place and everyone knows that there are other crusades going.

The correct term for the DA/Unforgiven is "heretic", not traitor. They do still work for the Imperium, but not by High Lord command, they do it in their own way as they feel is best for the Imperium.

Yeah, in the realm of how are the BT heretics... They pretty much pay lip service to the High Lords, much like the DA, then go do their own thing, like the DA, and they also violate the Codex Astartes based on raw Marine numbers, but then further one up the DA by having those hybrid squads of neophytes and full Marines (since I'm assuming we are talking about old 'Dex BT, since if we're talking new 'Dex BT, they are also cool with Librarians).

And all Marines are mutants by the time the gene-seed is done with them, they definitely aren't human any more. About the only reason they can't be classified as Xenos is that they originate as human stock and then get tampered with to mutate, but if Marines came out of the womb as Marines, they'd pretty much be Xenos.

The BT are the truest of the true among ALL the Space Marine Chapters apart from the Grey Knights...

• They still cling on to every order the Emperor made 10,000 years ago, which is 'go on a Great Crusade and don't have Battlefield Psykers', everybody else decided to sit at home and defend and use battlefield psykers.
  • The Codex Astartes wasn't sanctioned by the Emperor, it was a Guilliman thing... he just practically forced it to everyone, but the BT didn't think the Imperium would be safe if the "Chapters" would do their own thing based on each Chapter Masters decisions so they kept a Legion style of Command.
  • Based on C:BT (4th ed.), BT does have a defect but it is Gene-seed based and actually causes BT to "Not Have" something that other Space Marines have. Which is the ability to spit acid.
  • And DA are traitors... they would shoot friendly Imperials in the back... or wipe out an entire Cruiser full of friendly Space Marines to cover up their dirty little secrets...

In my opinion of this surprise Codex, the closest thing is a Combined WH: Fantasy of Brettonian Knights and the Empire to fight in their End of Times Campaign or the long rumoured Adeptus Mechanicus Codex that will have a new line of models.

Makes sense too with FWs release of Mechanicus stuff.

Archived