Quick Ravenwing Box set question

Space Truckin

Coming back into the hobby as more of a modeler than a player.

Do they ever update these box sets with new plastics?

I have read that this box set is a good value with loads of extra bits for the money - but from what I've read the draw backs are the older bike models and a LS model that is a pita to build.

Common sense would dictate that they will update the sprues eventually when inventory gets low enough? 

thanks in advance for any insight!

Coming back into the hobby as more of a modeler than a player.

Do they ever update these box sets with new plastics?

I have read that this box set is a good value with loads of extra bits for the money - but from what I've read the draw backs are the older bike models and a LS model that is a pita to build.

Common sense would dictate that they will update the sprues eventually when inventory gets low enough?

thanks in advance for any insight!

they use the same models and plastics as the standard bike and land speeder kits you can buy today separately, it just contains some of the ravenwing biker fixings and a decal sheet.

Will they "update" it anytime soon? Sorry no clue.

Actually, the Land Speeder is not the same one you can buy separately any more, it's the old, non-updated version that has the single top piece with sides attached that were such a pain in the ass to assemble. The new version you can buy separately has a top segment detached from the sides and bottom and apparently aligns better and allows you to set the sides correctly without having to bend the entire top segment and hold it closed with rubber bands while gluing to eliminate gaps. You also get most (all, I think) of the allowed weapon options for a Tornado and Typhoon LS versions, while you only get the HB and MM for the gunner, and only the assault cannon for the nose gun in the RW Battleforce.

However, you get a lot of bonus stuff that would normally total something like 130-150 bucks separately, so it is a good deal at $110.

Actually, the Land Speeder is not the same one you can buy separately any more, it's the old, non-updated version that has the single top piece with sides attached that were such a pain in the ass to assemble. The new version you can buy separately has a top segment detached from the sides and bottom and apparently aligns better and allows you to set the sides correctly without having to bend the entire top segment and hold it closed with rubber bands while gluing to eliminate gaps. You also get most (all, I think) of the allowed weapon options for a Tornado and Typhoon LS versions, while you only get the HB and MM for the gunner, and only the assault cannon for the nose gun in the RW Battleforce.

However, you get a lot of bonus stuff that would normally total something like 130-150 bucks separately, so it is a good deal at $110.

Sorry, another small correction. Although the old-style land speeder sprues in the box only have the heavy bolter and multimelta the Ravenwing upgrade sprue has plastic typhoon launchers as well as the assault cannon.

Archived