The battle for the Hoab System

Skilgannan

Hi All,

for my birthday this year i have decided instead of going out getting drunk like I have done for the past 15 years i will hold a massive battle. I have done a bit of a narrative for it and done some additional rules. There will be 4 players 2 players on each team. We will all be taking our turns individually rather than team 1 then team 2. The forces will be: Dark Angels and Tau against Chaos Space Marines and Dark Eldar.

Here is the background and rules:

The Fight for the Hoab System

Background:

For the past six years the Hoabs system has been beset by fierce fighting between The Death Touch. A highly trained and armoured legion of Chaos Space Marines and the Imperium's 1st founding chapter. The Dark Angels.

The fighting has been endless and ruthless. The planets Surtur and Hyrrobkin have been completely annihilated with no living organisms left. Only Hyperian is left. A resource rich planet. Which the Imperium cannot afford to lose. 

The Death Touch has been thrown back off the planet but not out the system. They are getting ready for a new onslaught.

They have sacrificed enough men, women, children and babe in arms to the pox to gain favour from Grandfather Nurgle. Nurgle has swallowed a Dark Eldar fleet and is sending it to the Hoab System. When the Dark Eldar fleet arrived at the Hoab system the Chaos Lord sent an emissary promising much carnage and slaves for their fighting pits. With this promise and the promise of the joys of battle the Dark Eldar agreed to lay waste Hyperian and enslave the populace. 

Seeing the vast resources (including the populace being persuaded to join the greater good later on) the planet Hyperian has to offer the Tau send a delegation to persuade the Imperial forces that the best course of actions is to ally together and destroy a common foe. 

The dark Angels seeing the threat and knowing no matter how valiant their troops fight they cannot hold out for more than a few hours against both the Dark Eldar and then their most hated foes. The Death Touch. Knowing that Hyperian is far too important to the Imperium and that exterminatus is out of the question they reluctantly agree to the ally themselves to the Tau.

Mission Objective

Death Touch and Dark Eldar:

Death Touch and Dark Eldar main mission objective is to take control of the planet Hyperian by capturing and securing three objectives.

Their second objective is to stop the Imperial Knight powering up by taking out the power sauce.

Dark Angels and Tau:

Main objective is to remain in control of the planet Hyperian by holding the three objectives and repelling the chaos and Tyranid forces.

Their second objective is to protect the Imperial Knight whilst it powers up.

First Blood and Slay the Warlord also secures a victory point for both teams.

Additional Rules.

Dark Eldar and Death Touch gets endless reserves. On a 4+ a completely destroyed unit may arrive as if from reserves.

Dark Angels and Tau have made an oath which makes them Allies of Convenience.

At the start of turn 4 the Imperial Knight becomes active under the command of the Dark Angels.

The control panel shielding the Imperial Knight is located in a Bastion. Team Jimatt must either destroy the bastion or fight their way to the top where they must destroy all forces already in the bastion and then assault the control panel and end their turn in base contact with the control panel.

The imperial knight cannot be harmed in any way what so ever whilst it is powering up.

Profile of the bastion:

BS       F          S         R

2          14       14       14     

The Bastion has 4 heavy bolters. One on each facing of the Bastion.

The Bastion has one access point in which to enter.

Deployment zone: Dawn of War

Both Teams will agree on where scenery will be placed. Team Mermen will decide where to place the bastion which holds the control panel for the Imperial Knight

Team Mermen will place all three objectives before deployment.

Team Mermen will choose deployment zone and will deploy first.

Team Jimatt will take the first turn. There will be no rolling for stealing the initiative.

·        Each objective is worth 5 victory points.

·        Stopping the Imperial Knight powering up is worth 5 victory points. It is worth 1 victory points if destroyed from turn 4 onwards. 

More than happy to receive any comments and criticisms. 

Thanks 

Skilgannan

All sounds excellent :tu: Hope it all goes well. I like narrative battles and their associated special rules.

The Knights' 'power sauce' sounds mighty tasty too ;). I might get some.

Cheers

I

I love the idea. I recommend that you think about the size of your table, deployment zones, how many turns you will play, and how long it will take the attackers to reach the bastion to assault the power controls. Multiplayer games like this always take longer than simple one-on-one games and its dispiriting to have to pack up just as you were getting stuck in. I've seen more than one good scenario wrecked by unachievable distances to the objective or over-optimistic ideas about how many turns can be played.

Oh, and start promptly. If you plan for the game to start at 12 that has to mean start at 12. Not arrive at 11:45, chat for twenty minutes, put the terrain out, go out to buy snack food and start at 1:30.

Happy birthday. :tu:

Archived