So it wasn't a Volkite Carronade :(

Slips

I was just thinking it would be quite easy to get the Styrix, magnetize the Volkite, get a spare Battle Cannon (Guard, or IK kit, etc.) and voila - you have a Magaera too if you wanted.

I was just thinking it would be quite easy to get the Styrix, magnetize the Volkite, get a spare Battle Cannon (Guard, or IK kit, etc.) and voila - you have a Magaera too if you wanted.

You don't need a spare. It's based on the plastic Knight, so it comes with a battle cannon.

Regarding representation of a Mechanicum Knight, I prefer the Magaera because of the head and Lightning Cannon, but otherwise this is also a solid addition. The temptation to succumb and purchase a Knight of my own is fairly strong, but I have other priorities at present (such as acquiring other Mechanicum constructs).

Edited by Chronozoah

Agree with Chronozoah, the look of the magaera is better, but the lightningcannon is probably not as devastating as the volkite *something* on the styrix..

Would it maybe be possible to convert a volkite *something* and then just magnetize the magaera so you could switch between that and the styrix?

Volkite Weapons are as follows:

Serpenta:  10" S5 Ap5 Pistol, Deflagrate

Charger: 15" S5 Ap5 Assault2, Deflagrate

Caliver: 30" S6 Ap5 Heavy2, Deflagrate

Culverin: 45" S6 Ap5 Heavy4 Deflagrate

Carronade:  48" S8 Ap2 Primary Weapon1, Haywire, Ignores Cover, Heavy Beam, Deflagrate

Now you understand why I would've wanted a Carronade on the Knight? :p

Mods don't hate me :(

So it's only the cannonade that has beam so far huh? Well i don't mind if it's not quite the cannonade but i'm hoping for the beam.

There's just something so Martian Death Ray about the beam rule. I guess it may not make so much sense as the arm holding the beam is much higher off the ground so logically wouldn't strike to many things in a line because of the angle of fire.

Still, what else would be so Martian Death Ray as hitting several units in a neat line?

What does the angle or height of the weapon have to do with the Beam hitting targets? Beams hit every model under the line drawn from the weapon the end point of the Beam.

As the the Volkite, I can see the Knight version being S7 AP3, Beam, etc, which isn't too bad. Isn't too good, either. Just guessing.

SJ

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, FW seemed to have given all their love and attention to the Cerastus pattern knights. Its a shame too, cuz I love the design of both mechanicum knights. I'll just have to equip them as normal paladins/errants then.