I bring victory back to the Rock

Crazy Jay

Hail Brothers! I bring good tidings of victory. Belial and his Deathwing brothers surpressed a rogue element of the Astra Militarum. Thought I would share a few of the highlights. First my list. 1850pts

Belial w/TH-SS

10 Man DW Terminator Squad

5 Man DW Terminator Squad

10 Man Tac Squad

10 Man Tac Squad

Dev Squad w/4 heavy bolters

Venerable Dreadnaught w/drop pod

MC Dreadnaught w/Kheres assault cannons and drop pod

Eversor assassin

Aegis Defense Line w/Quad gun

Astra Militarum list

Forgive me, I don't know his full and entire list but I'll give you the gist of it.

Pask in big tank with a lot of guns

2 plasma cannon tanks in squadron

2 Bane Wolfs

2 Chimeras (?) with some type of troops in them 10 or 12 in each

Psycher guy

3 groups of 10 Temptus Scions

1 large group of troops

ADL w/Quad Gun

We played Deadlock with Hammer and Anvil. The first two turns went my way as I decimated his regular troops and the bane wolfs. I traded in quite a few objective cards. Turns 3 and 4 went to my enemy. His scions put the hurt on my greenwing troops with their AP3 weapons. Also, Pask and his crew got LOS on Belial and landed 19 Plasma wounds on my big group, wiping them. Turns 5 and 6 went my way as my assassin really started earning his points. He mowed through a scion squad, the big group at the ADL and finanly through Pask. In the end I won 10-7. It was a great game.

My contemptor preformed ok. I failed to get him in on turn 2 and when he came in on turn 3, he mishapped. I rolled a 3 which meant my opponent got to place the drop pod. He helped mop up a few troops that Belial and his termies would have killed anyway. He did in turn 5 manage to pop out and destroy my opponents quad gun which earned me a victory point.

The Evorsor did really well. I infiltrated him into the center of the board but then had to wait a few turns for him to be effective. He tore through a scion squad, another troop unit and Pask. I should have tabled my opponent but I forgot he had melta bombs and so he only killed Pask and not the other tank with him as well. His 3D6 charge distance is awsome. I don't know how well he'd do at dedicated melee and he definitely lacks AP2 but I knew I was facing the IG and wasn't worried about armor saves. I could have taken something else from the codex like an assault squad with flamers in a drop pod, that would have gotten me both dreadnaughts on T1. The tax squads were the basic load outs, nothing special. Same with all of the termies. I wish I hadn't brought the ADL and had take LCs on the Dev Squad instead.

What were the loadouts on your terminators? Were they ranged, balanced or hand-to-hand focussed? Interesting list too -sounds like you were able to put out as much ranged pain as he did, which is interesting and the tactical squads would certainly have given you extra bodies. Did you find that they paid off?

It's an interesting list given the fact that all your terminators and tacticals were essentially bolter-armed, which is very unusual. Is that because the list was tailored to your opponent or is that the way you prefer to deploy those units? I am genuinely curious as it's an unusual approach in my experience.

My list was tailored to my opponent in the sense that I used my Terminators to attack his softer troops and provide mid and back field objective takers. I've found in the past that loading them up and going for the big threats is a good wY to get them killed. Now his units that could deal with them had to come get them instead of being delivered.

As for my Tacs, I usually kit them better but I was only using them for back field objectives and didn't plan for them to see much action. 3 units of DSing scions thought otherwise but they were handled well. I tied them up in assault and my slightly better numbers prevailed.

Archived