Inquisitor Lord (Coteaz Counts-As)

Vash113

I recently finished painting a model I converted from Coteaz a while ago to represent my own Inquisitor Lord character. Under the new rules I couldn't give a generic Inquisitor many of the upgrades I wanted, including Artificer Armor, so I decided to use Coteaz's rules and modify his model to represent my own character. Eventually I'll be turning the Eagle that used to be on his arm into a separate model perched on a ruined lamp post, but that's still a WIP. I apologize in advance for the pic quality, I'm not working with the best setup or equipment atm. So here he is:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Vash113/Misc%2040k%20Models/be7ecc4e-4d1f-4b94-91e5-bca526358905_zps8f75da18.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Vash113/Misc%2040k%20Models/6fc25781-3d9f-4f70-9b5c-b5bd793578ba_zps5ac74781.jpg

I chose to go with a very dark gold armor, almost dark bronze looking. I thought about adding oxidised areas but haven't decided yet whether I really want to go that route, I might do a test model to see how I like the look. I also went with blue for his tabbard and cloak instead of the usual Ordo Malleus red because I wanted to make a more visual difference with Coteaz. I considered using blue, red or black for the armor but wanted to keep a metallic appearance to take advantage of the greco-roman style of his chestplate. For the conversion obviously I kept it simple. I removed his left forearm with the perched eagle and swapped in the forearm and hand of a Sanguinary Guard model. This gives him a wrist-mounted bolter that's small enough to work for a mounted bolt-pistol or could represent his eagle attack. I also removed his head (No easy feat) and chiseled out the opened area to insert a wreathed helmet from the Sanguinary Guard kit (I was working on SG at the time and had some spare parts... could you tell?). To add more details I took another SG piece, a helmet with an iron halo emerging from above the ear-pieces and going over the head. I removed the halo and cut it into segments that fit over the ridge of the SG helmet I inserted. I liked the look of an Iron Halo over the helmet but couldn't easily work a halo in sideway so I chose to do a sort of spiked halo helmet crest instead. I'm fairly happy with the results.

I also went with a semi-marble look on the hammer. Off-white washed with gryphonne sepia and then gone over with small streaks of white, yellow-white and brown to add the streaks often seen in golden marble. The fur of the cloak was done similarly to the marble, white washed with gryphonne sepia. A fairly simple appearance but I'm fairly pleased with the result. I had initially intended to do a sort of black-spotted ermine pelt look similar to what is often depicted draped over the armor of Sanguinius but I liked the more simple look.

So what do you guys think?

Archived