At Slaughter's End

The Red Thirst

When is this set? If it is before Fear To Tread it makes sense that his.... berserk nature is less reigned in. I sensed that after Fear To Treat and in Flesh Of Cretacia he was deeply shamed by the darkness which dwells within him and was fighting more to restrain it.

Definitely would like to hear this. Will buy it now...

Id say that given that the Bardak Scarthrum (hope I spelled that right) claims himself as a champion of "The Bloody Skull" and not the World Eaters points to this event taking place after Skalathrax. It's not outside the realm of possibility given the long lived lineage of the sons of Sanguinius. 

Amits torment is still there and raw for all to see, only it seems to have been drenched in blood to ease his pain.

I just finished listening to it. I guess to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I found the voice acting, and special effects to be top notch.

The scenes sound viseral, absolutely brutal and physically taxing. Imagine the most brutal, physically demanding fist fight between two super humans... and times it by 10. That's how it comes across to me.

It is very short, but full of emotion. Amit is indeed taunted, but it was very believable, and there is a sense of irony in the end of the story which I thought was very fitting.

Isn't it funny that who is the good guy and who is the bad guy out of two butcherous psychopaths is determined by which god they believe in?

I would say it was defined by who unleashes psychopathic butchery to destroy mankind and who unleashes it to defend mankind.

Isn't it funny that who is the good guy and who is the bad guy out of two butcherous psychopaths is determined by which god they believe in?

I would say it was defined by who unleashes psychopathic butchery to destroy mankind and who unleashes it to defend mankind.

and when it comes to the flesh tearers they can do both at the same time. tongue.png

Destroying mankind isn't the goal of the chaos gods, though. Quite the opposite. The Chaos marines wish to tear down the imperium, not kill all humans. That's the nids.

Destroying mankind isn't the goal of the chaos gods, though. Quite the opposite. The Chaos marines wish to tear down the imperium, not kill all humans. That's the nids.

The process of rending the universe into a realm fit for chaos would all but destroy mankind and the new regime would make the excesses of the Imperium seem quite reasonable. In this specific case though I don't think that the World Eaters are interested in preserving mankind, for example: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cholercaust

There are many human colonies in the EoT ("Tome of" books, Czevak novel, Bloodquest etc etc). Even if the eye expanded to include the entire galaxy, humanity would still persist.

Fantasy. The "Realm of Chaos", literally hell on earth, is still chock full of human and otherwise warbands.

The goal of the Cabal was to kill all humans, to in effect kill chaos. Human emotion = chaos. This has been established in fluff for over half a decade. Seeing as we know the Chaos gods are largely empowered and sustained by human emotion, you're telling me they wish to commit suicide by exterminating their food source?

Your link is also supports my argument more than your own. Khorne forces were fighting marines in order to reach terra and kill the imperium, exactly what I said their goal was.

Kroeger. Khorne Berzerker in all but name. Keeps a human pet. Slaves are also important to Khorne.

There are many human colonies in the EoT ("Tome of" books, Czevak novel, Bloodquest etc etc). Even if the eye expanded to include the entire galaxy, humanity would still persist.

Fantasy. The "Realm of Chaos", literally hell on earth, is still chock full of human and otherwise warbands.

The goal of the Cabal was to kill all humans, to in effect kill chaos. Human emotion = chaos. This has been established in fluff for over half a decade. Seeing as we know the Chaos gods are largely empowered and sustained by human emotion, you're telling me they wish to commit suicide by exterminating their food source?

Your link is also supports my argument more than your own. Khorne forces were fighting marines in order to reach terra and kill the imperium, exactly what I said their goal was.

Kroeger. Khorne Berzerker in all but name. Keeps a human pet. Slaves are also important to Khorne.

Thanks, I am well aware of that fluff and didn't mean that they literally wanted to destroy all mankind to the last person. But at the same time to claim that Amit (and by extension the Flesh Tearers generally) and the World Eater are only distinguishable by the god they worship is bizarre. As for the Cholercaust the following is what I thought most pertinent: "On every world that the comet passed, the Cholercaust would descend upon that world and destroy its inhabitants entirely, in the name of the Blood God", so not just Marines. It does say that their goal was Terra and, whilst I haven't read 'Legion of the Damned' so could be mistaken, I see no reason to suppose that their goal was anything different.

I have read Legion of the Damned. Unfortunately. And their goal was Terra. And ultimately the Cholercaust's way of war is no different from the Imperium's: Kill all enemies.

Also, the Cholercaust was not just World Eaters, the XII just happened to be the originating gene-lineage of the daemon prince who organized it.

Archived