Ravenwing/Deathwing list questions

Bloody Legionnaire

All, I'm planning on using 2 DV box sets worth of units to do a Ravenwing/Deathwing list... I'm probably going to keep the list and army in the 1500-1850 point range, the bulk of the army will be made up of bikers and I'd like to have 1-2 units of Deathwing termies and one land raider for the list as well. My main question is, what to do with Azzy... I have read some players like to get a ADL and stick him on a turret for anti-flyer, I've wondered about putting him in an LR with termies, or possibly sticking him in a drop pod along with a tac squad.. would it be fluffy for a pod to be used along side RAS for the dark angels? Since ravenwing/deathwing can suffer a little bit when it comes to dealing with hordes, I'm also considering picking up 2 whirlwinds if I can fit them in points wise. Lastly, if it comes down to points and I had to cut one or the other out... what worth taking more, attack bikes or landspeeders? 

I have been toying with the idea of Azzy with a command squad, dakka banner and a pair of the tac squads from DV behind an ADL.  Let Azzy man the gun and lay down a massive amount of small arms firepower to cover center field.  

I swear by putting him in a drop pod with tactical marines!!

As Azreal can choose his warlord trait, I usually give him and his unit FnP when next to an objective. Coupled with his 4++ for the unit and objective secured (unit and drop pod), that obj is as good as yours.

Also, as you alluded to, Deathwing and Ravenwing going up field by themselves can get slightly overwhelmed, adding that drop pod on turn 1 with the Deathwing assault you flood the table with units.

If I have the points, sticking Ezkeil in there too can be pretty helpful!

As an aside if I have Deathwing and a drop pod coming on in turn one, in the same area, I place terminators first to give them the best chance of not scattering - unless you use those Ravenwing teleport homers of course.

Archived