Space Wolves: Beginings of a new great company

Strata

Brothers and Sisters, It's been a while but i've returned to the fold. Too long had my attention been settled on the greedy and twisted Xenos from the webway. But it was not to last, for Russ and the All Father have seen that i return to the true calling, that i rejoin the sky warriors, and take my rightful place as a fearsome lord of the wolves. I've taken alittle time to fine tune my warriors, to prepare the finest of astartes battle plate for their use, to assemble the strongest of bolt weapons to be ready. Though i do find myself in need of alittle assistance for the final touches. As you'll see on my weapons, they have been left mostly bare metal. Im at an impass as to what color to block out the casing with. I'm between Black, Red, and Yellow. I've seen all three, and like the effect that they all have. Any suggestions?

First grey hunter

First grey hunter

A good start, your painting seems nice and sharp thumbsup.gif For the bolter cases I think I'd go with black, and tie it in with the chainsword casing as well. You already have a fair bit of colour on the shoulder pads, so I'd go for a more muted, business-like look with the weapons. That's just my personal preference though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more work over the last Week on my grey hunters. I've gotten a group of 5 finished, armed with the plasma pistols and a plasma gun. Only thing i havent figured out just yet is what color of plasma i want to use. I also have to figure out what to do for my great company markings, and my pack markings.

GH2

GH1

• 3 weeks later...

Another week, Another squad worked on and nearly finished. This time around i decided to put brush to some Wolf Guard. Joining the great company is a set of Five Power armored wolves, all with power weapons. The only two things i have left to settle on with these guys now is painting up the gems, and figuring out what sort of effect to go for with the power weapons them selves.  Now one thing that i noticed while i was building them, one of the heads, it had a particular.. resemblance to a character on TV, one of the zombie slaying sort.. Anyone else happen to see this now?  Thats all that i have for tonight, have a good one brothers and sisters.

Abraham

PW WG

Archived