Storm Raven Novice Question

hellhound92

hellhound92 here,have been away from the the hobby for a while.But I'm back to my favorite defenders of the imperium the-Blood Angels!!

I was thinking what are some of the best weapons for our most formidable war machine, the Storm Raven!!

The mail turret I plan on using a twin-linked lascannon. And I was unsure about the one above the assault ramp, I was thinking ether a typhoon missile launcher or  a twin-linked multi-meltas. And how about hurricane bolters? Are they worth the points?

Thanks Brothers!

I would go with the TL assault cannons. More shots in case you have to snap shot. Multi-Meltas are good, the TML is too expensive for me. Hurricane bolters are nice against infantry.

Your best bet is to magnetize the bolters and possibly the MM/TML. For the latter I have no plan how to do it at the moment. There are several tutorials on how to magnetize land raider doors/weapon sponsons. The stormraven doors should work the same.

If it wasn't so expensive I'd go with typhoon, lascannons/assault cannon and hurricane bolters.

Yup, that is a proper gunship. While melta weapons are great, somehow I think their range is too short for planes. BTW how many missiles would such a stormraven be allowed to launch per turn including the bloodstrikes?

In 7th zooming flyers may fire four weapons, all of which may be missiles (unlike 6th, when only two missiles could be fired per turn).  You can fire off all four Bloodstrikes in one go AND use POTMS to shoot a fifth weapon, unless I'm missing something.

I run my Stormraven with TLAC, TLMM and the HB sponsons.

Ideal pricing, I'd run mine with typhoons, assault cannon, hurricane bolters. But 255 pts is a bit too much.

I take the hurricane bolters, as it leaves you with 4 weapons once you've fired all the missiles so you dont waste any of it's abilities.

2 frag missiles, assault cannons and 12 TL bolter shots puts out enough to at least damage most infantry. Then you can switch to kraks with the ass cans awesome abilities for harder targets.

Archived