How to properly field death company

GuardsmenBob

Hello, I have recently decided to pull my blood angels off the shelves before the new codex comes out and I was wondering how to field my death company better

Sincerely, Guardsmen Bob

I took 7 in a storm raven the other week- against a 30k Death Guard army who I rightly suspected of bringing all termis.

I put 3 fists in there and a Plas Pistol (for range) had rechlusiarch in Termi with a combi Plas. Piling them into a unit of 10 termis (can't remember what flavour) who'd just gunned down 3 Sang guard was the most fun I've had on the board for ages! Entire termi squad gone, Rech and 3 DCo consolidating on towards the next, quaking, target!

Sounds like you got it pretty sussed: got assault transport to deliver them. Unless you're up against hoards of Nids or orks or 30k tac squads of 20 I would'nt see the need for 10 in squad, unless you wanna get 2 DCo dreads on board. It that much point just for an extra infernus. Put a multi melta on LR if you're serious about blowing tanks up. You've even identified the Down side: if you have 10, after the first skirmish there is so much untapped potential sitting in the middle of the board getting shot to ribbons!

What are you usually facing? Why you wanna use them?

how you use them will be key. They can be used to brig Down big stuff, draw fire from more fragile units or sneaky ones.

Why jot Go the whole hog: proxy astorath and some jump pack DCo, split the 10 into 2 x 5 and fly some DCo dreads in there?

I usually run them like this

15 death company

1 chaplin

land raider crusader

You're using them just fine.

I'd get some higher strength weapons in there to deal with tougher targets. something like 1 fist per 5 guys is a decent ratio. In a 15 man unit, perhaps 2 fists and one axe? You can probably get 3 infernus pistols in there too, and then one on the chaplain if you want to pop transports.

Archived