Raptors Space Marines WIP

IronFather84

Yay, Raptors!  Love me some Raptors! :D

These paint jobs are pretty solid thus far.  A nice shade of green with crisp, narrow highlights.  Although the glittery colors don't seem too in line with the Chapter's theme, particularly on scouts.  Command Squads, sure, they work hard for centuries to be the prettiest, but I'd recommend using bone or gray for the rest instead of gold/bronze.

I'd also consider trying to make brown or black a more primary color in the camo than the green.  Gotta strive to make it blend in with the base, not the marine ;)

Also, a very interesting Chaplain.  I'd like to see more shots/angles of him, if you please.

On most of the other models the gold is fairly minimal. I used a darker gold and then I washed them all with seraphim sephia to mute them down. Their actual colors on the aquillas and the like is supposed to be silver I just wanted to put my spin on it and try to make mine a little different.

Here is another shot of the chaplain. http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/gamerguy9884/1AED2C6B-0659-4C44-9B2D-52ED6BDDC955.jpg

Is the cloak in the right arm green stuff or is that from another model . by the way awesome looking raptors i did have a small force when FW released there book on them a few years back but yours look awesome especially with the new bits you can get with the new kits.

Great conversions! I like the color scheme, too, especially the working in of contemporary camo on Astartes models. I'm interested to see what you could do with Catachans or even Tanith models . . .

I'd recommend sticking with the darker basing like your Chaplain, though. The green bases are distracting with the dark green models. happy.png

All my bases will be the dark brown ground with brown roots and the green leaves. The leaves I paint with the same colors as my armor. Eventually my idea is to finish my display board to take to tournaments with me to carry them around on. What I want to do is make it so that when I add my models to the board it also adds the vegetation for the board as well. The center part I will fill with with water effects to makes like a swamp look. I'll likely do the same with some of my bases before I am done. http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/gamerguy9884/A996EEC0-B7C9-4278-8AEB-28EDD071C9A0.jpg

Also I plan on painting either scions in a similar fashion to use as allies or my best friend and I play doubles in tourneys a lot and he plays catchans so it kind of works out. All my nids are jungle themed and because my friends playa catachans I based my army is with as a joke. They were fun to paint so it kind of sprig boarded me.

I am really liking how these are coming together, that Chaplin in particular is inspired. Just a wonderful pose for him.

Hoping you to keep with picking up the line highlights, looks really slick and I am thoroughly jealous.

Archived