Ophidium Gulf Incident: Why is it assumed the DA did it?

ftcosiris

Wade, the good Brother-Sergeant posited that it would not be worth it to the Imperium to declare war on a First Founding Chapter and its Successors. How is your reply - which conflates that assertion to the Unforgiven making war on the Imperium, a-la Horus - not a strawman? Don't get me wrong, man, your post made me chuckle (hence the smiley), but it is what it is! :)

Yes, I'm sure that if the DA and their successors gathered in Legion strength they could topple the Imperium.

I mean, Horus couldn't pull it off with nine Legions, the Chaos Gods, and half the Mechanicus backing him, but he didn't understand the strategic brilliance of making all making all your troops wear dresses, so....

I partially agree with this premise, except the Imperium is far more fractured now than it was during the Heresy.  While I am not saying that the Dark Angels would win, the Imperium of the 41st Millennium is a very ponderous and slow machine as witnessed by the tyranid invasions.  Whole planets go missing to them without anyone noticing for years!

Archived