Terminator HQ conversions WIP Update 3

Black Cohort

I picked up the deathwing terminator box earlier today to convert a bunch of HQs for my various marine armies.

The first one I started working on is a Grey Knight Librarian.

Grey Knight Librarian front

Grey Knight Librarian left

Grey Knight Librarian right

He is still very much a work in progress.  Trying to get the pose down (everything is blue tacked together right now).  Still trying to figure out what to replace the space wolf crux terminatus with hanging from the chain in his right hand.  I am thinking either one of the little reliquaries that comes with the grey knight terminator kit or a parchment and purity seal.  Also need to do some greenstuff where the left hand and arm connect and on the lower right leg. 

Did the same thing with my DW knights.  i play Dark Angels so built knights and used some Terminators I picked up used and used bits to round out my DA DW Command Squad.  I also used a DA bikers to build both a Libby on a bike and a Techmarine on a bike with DA icons that turned out looking good.  Currently using bits from Devastator squad and the Dark Vengeance Tactical Squad to make additional devastators with DA iconography.  I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

That's some nice work. How easy is it to de-dark angel the death wing knights?

Some bits you might as well not even try, others are really easy, most somewhere in between. If you can do basic green stuff and are comfortable with a bit of cutting and scraping I think 90%+ can be used elsewhere. Having a bunch of bits for the faction you are converting to helps as well.

On the Grey knight, just having a helmet and shoulder pads really helps make it look like a Grey Knight.

Work shifted to a different terminator, the grey knight is waiting for more greenstuff work on other models so I can do a reasonable amount at the same time.

So on to the wolf priest in terminator armour.

Wolf Priest front Low weapon

Wolf Priest left

Wolf Priest right Low weapon

One of the big things I am still figuring out is the right arm placement.

Wolf Priest front high weapon

Wolf Priest right high weapon

which do people like more the lowered right arm or the raised right arm?  Also what are people's thoughts on the little banner above his head?

Update 2

The Wolf Priest is done being assembled no greenstuff needed on him

Wolf Priest Finished

Maybe next update I will have a shot with the 10 man blood claw squad he is leading.

Next up is a librarian for my codex marine army.

Librarian WIP

Librarian left WIP

Librarian right WIP

I need to figure out what I am going to do with the right shoulder pad, and his helmet needs a couple of cables to represent a psychic hood, otherwise he is pretty much done.

Archived