A scary codex trend.

Corrupted

GW's financial reports don't actually account for traffic, players, etc. There's a lot of inferring and speculation going on in interpreting those reports. Until we have some raw numbers (which would be hard to pull for those random hobbiests that rarely go to the stores, etc), we really can only speculate what is going on with the world wide gaming population.

And again... I fail to see how removing nobz on bikes as troops or giving a new FOC to DW would affect the financial report of GW.

I mean, if you have a special FOC looking like the heamonculi coven (4HQ 8 ELITE 4 HS) with re roll of the chapter traits and another bonus like any DW model entering in game with DS scatter only d6", would it make you leave the hobby?

The orks players are not sad because they remove nobz on bikes as troops. They are sad because the rest of the list is not playable...

Anyone else notice that all the new 7th edition codexes lack the ability to move units around the FOC? I'm pretty sure its an attempt to push unbound armies. Orks, DE, Grey Knights, all lost their 'makes unit X troops' rules. This might be irrelevant, as it would require the Dark Angels to get a new codex in 7th edition, which probably wont happen. But given GWs propensity for slapping around the Sons of the Loin I'm a bit concerned.

Could you explain me what it brought to turn nobz on bikes into troops? Normal bikes I would understand (and they already are) but nobz... So it's normal they gave up with that.

DE? They have a special codex that turns the Elite compulsory so they don't need more troops.

Grey Knight? They have termis and DSing PA in troops, what would you like them to turn into troops? Paladins? Come on! There must be a handful of paladins in the whole chapter, and can they constitute the back bone of the army?

Fact is, unlocking troops is not something useful, necessary or representative of the armies that were released. That's the first reason.

Now I can imagine that GW may release 2 new FOC, one with 8 ELITE (2 compulsory) to play the DW and one with 8 FA (2 compulsory) to play the RW.

If so, would it be REALLY a problem?

It could be a problem depending on how the execute it. I personally like having objective secured on more than tac marines and scouts, because of that I find unlocking troops to be quite useful.

I used to too...

And the more I play the less I find objective secured useful.

It is at turn 1 or 2 when 90% of the models involved are on the table.

But at turn 6, you've removed so many models, that you rarely have another unit on the objective you need to hold.

I currently have five armies which has really stretched my ability to afford financially to update them.  In the past when I was updating, I would usually have one or two armies at most update in a given year, so I could afford to keep it up.

Now I have Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons, Chaos Marines, Eldar and Imperial Guard.  Of those only my Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons and Eldar are really updated for 7th edition.  Guard are playable but need more money spending to do what I want with them and my Chaos Marine army is a disaster.  Those two have been boxed up for the forseeable future.  I may end up selling one or even both because I personally can't afford the investment.

I know of three players in my local gaming group who gave up due to them perceiving that they could no longer afford to play. 

Archived