Blood Angel Champion? Chapter Champs ...

Helias_Tancred

Lots of space to create your own smile.png

In he original fluff, many chapters also had their own Emperor's Champion, and could field the model.

If Each company has a champion, then it stands to reason there would be a chapter champion. I essentially do this with my TH/SS veteran. As with Blind, he uses the captain's statline.

In other codex chapters it seems the chapter champion is drawn from the master's Honour Guard. So perhaps the Blood Angels equivalent would be the commander or member of the Sanguinary Guard? For what its worth Azkaellon was chosen to duel Lucius in "Virtues of the Sons", so a possible precedent.

The basic role of the Chapter Champion is fulfilled by the Sanguinor. It's not the same as other Chapters' Champions with regard to how he fits in the Chapter, where he comes from, etc., but it is the concept that is fulfilled.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to see some Blood Angels Chapter Champion ideas (I have one percolating right now), mind you. msn-wink.gif

In other codex chapters it seems the chapter champion is drawn from the master's Honour Guard. So perhaps the Blood Angels equivalent would be the commander or member of the Sanguinary Guard? For what its worth Azkaellon was chosen to duel Lucius in "Virtues of the Sons", so a possible precedent.

Who won? I'm not familiar with that story.

Who won? I'm not familiar with that story.

Its part of the "Death and Defiance" anthology. Basically Sanguinius sends his 'shield' (Azkaellon) and his 'sword' (Amit) to duel Lucius and Karn respectively. He is afraid that both are too stuck in their roles and that they will not be able to adapt in order to survive the curse of their lineage. Azkaellon loses but knocks both himself and Lucius off a ledge into the sea, much to the latter's dismay msn-wink.gif Amit called a draw but Khârn felt he had been defeated, so not all bad.

Wait... Lucius wins?! So does that mean that the long list of people to beat him are also better than the leader of our primarchs bodyguard? Ah well.. shame they didn't focus on Raldoran whom is apparently one of the top fighters (source: short story where one of the DA top fighters muses on who are top)

edit - i hate phone auto correct dry.png

Wait... Lucia wins?! So does that mean that the long list of people to beat him are also better than the leader of our primaries bodyguard? Ah well.. shame they didn't focus on Raldoran whom is apparently one of the top fighters (source: short story where one of the DA top fighters muses on who are top)

For good or ill it appears that Amit may have taken over from Raldoron.

Wait... Lucius wins?! So does that mean that the long list of people to beat him are also better than the leader of our primarchs bodyguard?

Again, there is a difference between a duel and a fight.

Within the strict rules of the duel, Lucius was top.

Once the rules go out the window, many have beaten him.

As you can see, Lucius beat Azkellon, but then Az took him off a cliff. And we know only Angels can fly.

Archived