Turmiel Conversion - he used to work for the good guys

Rogan

Hi guys,

I recently challenged a member of another forum to paint the Dark Angels libby from Dark Vengeance. However, I noticed never like the look of the librarian, especially not with that weird bib of his. So I decided I had to convert it.

Soon, it was clear to me that not only had Turmiel to be converted in body, but also in mind. biggrin.png

That was when he turned to Chaos. At first, I wanted to make him into a Word Bearer, but felt that Slaanesh would be a more adequate opposite to the secret-keeping Dark Angels.

Long story short, here's the traitor:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141113/bnmjrwe2.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141113/dmogcyql.jpg

Please bear in mind that the pictures were taken with my phone's camera, so the highlights around the edges might seem a bit rough.

C&C appreciated smile.png

/e: here's a WiP shot to show how the ornaments around the greaves have changed. It's hidden in a spoiler since it's actually forbidden to post a WiP shot in the HoH section :)

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141110/esgyn8xo.jpg

@forte: That's the way you've got to see it. :D
Thank you!

@Grotsmasha: Great to hear that, thank you - but I'm sure there are all sorts of great conversions out there, especially on the Chaos side. :)

@Firepower: Good eye :)
The sword is from the corsairs. I've bought it from a bitz shop some four years ago, when I planned to build a Slaanesh army. ^^

Thank you!

@DarkScipio: Welcome to each and everyone of them:)

Are you going to post your rendition of Turmiel on BnC, too?

felt that Slaanesh would be a more adequate opposite to the secret-keeping Dark Angels.

Really? What would a greater daemon of Slaanesh be also known as then? tongue.png

Gorgeous conversion and works well. The Dark Angels are as obsessive as any Slaanesh worshipper.

felt that Slaanesh would be a more adequate opposite to the secret-keeping Dark Angels.

Really? What would a greater daemon of Slaanesh be also known as then? tongue.png

Gorgeous conversion and works well. The Dark Angels are as obsessive as any Slaanesh worshipper.

Cypher?

http://rpcbk.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/shyamalan4.jpg

Yeah, I've been wanting to use Corsair swords for my Arrows.   They're so thin though, they look like they'll be a royal pain to pin, and even then they'd probably be fragile, easily snapped off if nudged from one side or the other...or not?

Loving the power effect you did on it by the way.  Very sleek B)

@Prot: Thank you! :)

I felt it was necessary to keep the tone rather "down", because although most Slaanesh descriptions feature the "too much to behold" thing, miniatures tend to look weird when given too bright and "noisy" colours.

@Xenith: The difference is that a Keeper of Secrets intends to use their knowledge to gain an edge over everyone they consider interesting, while Dark Angels tend to seal it away in a chamber at the heart of a rock floating around in space, build a fortress around it and then attempt to entirely forget it - and kill everyone that didn't. :P

Thanks a lot, mate! And obsessive they are, or why else would one glue a shrine to a freaking airplane?

@Firepower: It's always a good idea to use them, since they're a great contrast to the usual chaos weapons - which appear to be either bats with spikes or absurdly-edged blades. And yes, they're not very conversion-friendly, to be honest. But still, it worked after I used a little GS to conceal the little dent where the pinning wire pierced the blade's surface.

So far, I haven't managed to break it off, by the way. And I have to confess I'm a rather clumsy person... :/

Thank you for liking the power effect :)

It's always great to hear when people like stuff I'm not really happy with! ^^

Archived