Shield of Baal: Deathstorm is up for Pre-orders

Red-beard

I need the rule book, since I don't have one. A rule book with a BA cover is a bonus.

Captain might see play if he has cool rules.

I'll use the DC dread for Apoc games. I run the DC formation sometimes.

I don't need more DC, but I can use the bits for Sgt and special weapons. Especially since we can get Grav guns and H Flamers.

Termis will get swapped out to SpaceHulk. Or turned in the rumored 'DC Termis'. Time will tell

Same here, which is surprising since my two primary armies are BA and Tyranids. I just don't need the models. 

Yeah... it's too bad, because the price point isn't that bad. If it had been, say, an awesome characterful (perhaps literally) power armored honor guard unit and a jump pack captain, I might have grabbed it. And even though I'm considering starting 'Nids, the reason why I'm considering it is because of the enormous lump of genestealers I got with Space Hulk, which means that the last thing I need is another squad of genestealers.

But hey... if it works for anyone else, more power to 'em.

Just wanted to get clarification that this is not a limited edition release. Will they be available again?

Odds are good that you will be able to find one at a FLGS if you are quick about it.  I didn't bother to pre-order Stormclaw and I still found one and considered myself lucky.  From what I hear there are still copies of it in pockets of the U.S.  I would suspect that it will be much the same with Deathstorm.

Mort, that is true, but I actually like the smaller bases.  I still use my old CC terminators because they are on 25 mm bases (legal because that is the base they were purchased with), and when they get in tight spaces I do not get swamped.  For the record, I only do that in tournament settings, friendly I don't power game.  In tournament settings, despite always being polite, I can be considered a bit of an :cuss for taking as much advantage of the rules as possible.

Just wanted to get clarification that this is not a limited edition release. Will they be available again?

Odds are good that you will be able to find one at a FLGS if you are quick about it.  I didn't bother to pre-order Stormclaw and I still found one and considered myself lucky.  From what I hear there are still copies of it in pockets of the U.S.  I would suspect that it will be much the same with Deathstorm.

Sorry, so does this mean that it is a limited edition run and no more will be made, or that more will be made available by GW?

Archived